What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Building my last AR....I hope.

MMissile

Got this upper receiver today. Very slick!

AR slick upper rt.jpgAR slick upper.jpg

And this lower. Slick folding design...

AR 17-Design lower.jpg

Last edited:

MMissile

I've got a box-full of new parts, and await the lower. I believe it'll be here in the next 2 days. Just a nice little 16" carbine.

Last edited:

MMissile

Lower arrived, and the gunsmith at my FFL's wants to put it together.....I told him, "make it so". I'm waiting on a charging handle, and he said he'll wait till I get it. No hurry. I also got my 2 Cobb MCR rifles, and my P2000SK-40.

AGG

Staff member
Lower arrived, and the gunsmith at my FFL's wants to put it together.....I told him, "make it so". I'm waiting on a charging handle, and he said he'll wait till I get it. No hurry. I also got my 2 Cobb MCR rifles, and my P2000SK-40.

You hit the firearms jackpot. 😲
Picture(s) of the AR build, when completed. ;)

Tony

MMissile

Thank. I still have 3 more pistols in route....soon. I'll definitely post AR pics. I'm trying some new stuff on it. Those receivers, a racheting buffer-tube nut, and a latchless charging-handle.

MMissile

Okay, the rifle is finished. I ended up buying a lot higher-end parts that I anticipated, and it is very light for a rifle build without that intention. I haven't fired it yet, but imagine it'll do well....if I do my part. I await the flash-hider I ordered, and a polymer handguard grip area. The lower receiver prevented a ambi mag release, and my extended right-side mag release. Too much material in the way for them to operate. I'll put those parts on my SBR.

AR build left full.jpg

AR build rt side mid.jpg

AR build left mid.jpg

AR build rt stock and tube.jpg

AR build lft stock tube.jpg

AR build rail and front sight.jpg

AR build fold.jpg

Last edited:

AGG

Staff member
Okay, the rifle is finished. I ended up buying a lot higher-end parts that I anticipated, and it is very light for a rifle build without that intention. I haven't fired it yet, but imagine it'll do well....if I do my part. I await the flash-hider I ordered, and a polymer handguard grip area. The lower receiver prevented a ambi mag release, and my extended right-side mag release. Too much material in the way for them to operate. I'll put those parts on my SBR.

Very nice. ;)

Tony

Guyanaman1963

View attachment 2237

View attachment 2238

View attachment 2239

View attachment 2240

View attachment 2241

View attachment 2242
Congratulations! That looks awesome!!! The red mag release stands out!!!

Tailflash

Looks awesome! How does the recoil spring work on this? Recoil buffer & spring obviously captured in the stock somehow...