What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you ever wonder how in the heck did this thing still fire???

Mitchell

After about five hundred rounds of various ammo (good, white box, and absolute crap) I start the cleaning process...

I don’t understand how this thing continued to function without a single hiccup, not a stutter, nothing. She just purred like a kitten.

I do love the MP5-SD and this is a tribute to the functionality of the system.

This is why I love HK

View attachment 3508

Last edited:

Elkaholic

Don't get me wrong. After those weekends it took me days to clean stuff. I like clean guns.

Mitchell

Yep, me too. Clean guns are like clean cars, they always seem to run better when clean.

I love to shoot but in this economy I find myself training less with the good stuff and relying on cheap ammo to stay sharp. I am a firm believer in training with what you use but there’s such a huge gap in the quality of ammo I have that it’s not economically viable to keep shooting the good stuff.

I bought that Fedarm stuff by the pallet load 4 years ago for plinking and it was cheaper than what I could reload for. I cant remember but I think it was $124 / 1000. But, it is awful. If anyone has ever used it please chime in, It’s really horrible. I have about 40 rounds of 9mm with the projectile in backwards, I keep it just to show people. The 300BLK I bought had about a 2% squib failure rate. And you can see what it does to the firearm, it’s dirty, really dirty. Russian steel case corrosive dirty. But, it has kept me shooting during COVID so I can’t complain too much.

I guess I can complain that my Butch’s Bore Shine cost has gone up exponentially too.

skullbox

I really thought, "how the hell does the gun still work" when I took it apart and realized the retaining plate broken and the rollers fell out. What other gun ever created still runs with broken pieces in it?!?!?

Elkaholic

I hear ya there. My MP5K is a SW gun, I knew the risk when I bought it. It was the going out of business sale. I have to say I got a good one. I bet I have over 40k rounds threw it with the sear in it. I've broken (1) firing pin 3 or 4 roller retainer plates and gone threw a couple extractor springs. I wish I could find the right retainer plates. I think they drilled the hole in the bolt in the wrong spot

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 9

skullbox

I wish I could find the right retainer plates. I think they drilled the hole in the bolt in the wrong spot
I have the same issue. Mine is a DJ Getz gun. I broke 2 of them and can't find those anywhere. My only option at this point is to buy a new bolt, or run the gun without the retaining plate.

Elkaholic

I have the same issue. Mine is a DJ Getz gun. I broke 2 of them and can't find those anywhere. My only option at this point is to buy a new bolt, or run the gun without the retaining plate.
I've just been notching a regular plate. I get 3 or 4k before it breaks. Mine dose act up a little with the busted plate. I bought another German bolt for mine, Then bought the stuff to build another gun 😇 twice now 😃

kanewtervalve

I bought a MAD bolt for my DJG SP89 clone, I've yet to use it but hear mostly pos. about it.