What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

G3K Build?

Ghilliebear

Every one of them I have removed has scratched the finished or damage the receiver. They are very rough on the gun. They are designed to grip very tightly around the Front of the receiver tube. sliding on and off normally scratches the Finish and the cocking tube.. Normal Ware on a real HK if you run one

Vinz Klortho

Thanks Jeff,

ETA: I like the way they look. I need to either commit to making it a permanent fixture on the gun or pass on it altogether.

Last edited:

AGG

Staff member
So among the parts I recently picked up was a carry handle. I've never had one before. Are they rough on the receiver. I mean, once installed is it the sort of thing that will scratch up the receiver paint if removed?

Yes. ;)

Tony

copdoc

I put one on my 91 almost 30 yrs ago. I was told it would scratch so I never took it off. I find the carry handle very worthwhile and the older I get the more worthwhile it is.

ETA. shell deflector is still in the bag. If you chase brass it might be worth using.

Vinz Klortho

...Have you thought about sending the A3 stock to Jeff @Ghilliebear to refinish to match the rifle? :unsure:

I toyed with the idea. May still go there. Jeff probably buys his HK Black by the gallon.
I refinished it a few years ago in HK Black Duracoat, I know it wont be a perfect match.
I'm kinda skinny, IMHO that stock is fairly punishing after about 30 rounds. My K will be more of a Karbine (see what I did there), I'm going to run a regular buttstock more often than not.
Jeff is painting a second buttstock base for me in case I decide to set up wood furiture for it.
Silly, I know, but I think that wood look most excellent.

NorincoKid

I toyed with the idea. May still go there. Jeff probably buys his HK Black by the gallon.
I refinished it a few years ago in HK Black Duracoat, I know it wont be a perfect match.
I'm kinda skinny, IMHO that stock is fairly punishing after about 30 rounds. My K will be more of a Karbine (see what I did there), I'm going to run a regular buttstock more often than not.
Jeff is painting a second buttstock base for me in case I decide to set up wood furiture for it.
Silly, I know, but I think that wood look most excellent.

I'll be "that guy", and probably in the minority here.....but I think that would look awesome if you had it parkerized.

Vinz Klortho

So apparently Form 1 approvals have been coming back in record time.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

Vinz Klortho

Just look at those welds!
He said it's going to take several more weeks to finish but it apparently runs and drives just fine.
I assume he waits until he has a big batch then paints them all at once.
Should be enough time to get my Form 1 back.
WooHoo!

Vinz Klortho

I dont understand why it takes two months to approve a Form 1 if you've already been thru the system before.
Pisses me off.
This will be my fourth SBR, it should take about two days.
How long does it take to check my criminal history?

Manofdusk

I am toying with the idea of building a Cetme Model C-K. I'll post pictures of the build when I get it going.
Let me know what y'all think.