What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RE: REAL HK416D up for auction/not SF...

Brad4065

Not mine/no affiliation......

I've got a little bit of experience with these, but if I recall correctly, I thought there were only 7 HK16D's without the SF in civilian hands.

@Nzfly has far more info than I, and can chime in.
I "think" the last one I saw go for sale went for $24K.....and I could be wrong on that too^^^ will know better details.

Lastly, do your homework if you really want it and make sure you research it, and it's background. I do not recall the upper being sold from the original owner....but I only have limited info and could be wrong. Don't get me wrong.....I don't know the seller and I'm not bashing or accusing.....just do your work if you want it.

Cheers!!!!! Good luck!!!!

Tailflash

Believe the Upper's SerNo 'kerning' has been ratted out to be a fake... Don't know if the seller went out of his way to clone a blank upper or that he may have been scammed if he bought it separately to mate up with the lower. Nice looking gun though...

Screenshot 2021-08-02 194658.jpg
Screenshot 2021-08-02 194353.jpg

Last edited:

Tailflash

The Lower has seen some use; note the typical charging handle rake marks (circled). As for the upper, there would be a substantial wear marks where the charging handle lever rides over and into the detent; all uppers get this wear mark within a few outings... The upper sure looks new, but the rear sight sure looks pretty used...
Again, the seller may be unaware that the upper may not be original. But damn, I really like this gun...

1627960022053.png 1627960191525.png

Brad4065

Holly F****
$25000?
I paid $2500 NEW, Drop Shipped from HK.
But both of mine have ONE MORE Pin just above the selector :unsure:

View attachment 4636
I would love to know how you pulled that off!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you have a FFL/SOT? Are you also allowed to purchase post 86 MG's?

Thank you in advance!!!!

Cheers!

Last edited:

AGG

Staff member
Believe the Upper's SerNo 'kerning' has been ratted out to be a fake... Don't know if the seller went out of his way to clone a blank upper or that he may have been scammed if he bought it separately to mate up with the lower. Nice looking gun though...

I noticed this discrepancy, as well. ;)

Tony

Brad4065

The Lower has seen some use; note the typical charging handle rake marks (circled). As for the upper, there would be a substantial wear marks where the charging handle lever rides over and into the detent; all uppers get this wear mark within a few outings... The upper sure looks new, but the rear sight sure looks pretty used...
Again, the seller may be unaware that the upper may not be original. But damn, I really like this gun...

View attachment 4639 View attachment 4640
Great eye!!!!!

It's my understanding that this guy purchased the lower from the original owner, not the original seller, through the auction on GB many years back.

The upper came along later.....that's my understanding, and if I'm incorrect it's unintentional .

GuntherRommel

They say he is knowingly selling a faked upper. I am not sure what to think, He is a long time member and always seemed nice to me. Maybe he will join and we can find out more

Brad4065

@GuntherRommel you are correct. They banned him for selling a re-marked upper in order to match the lower......that's what I heard from
a reputable source. I advised my source to send him here......but don't try to sell fakes here either, or IF you do, full disclosure. 😉

Cheers!!!!!!

AGG

Staff member
@GuntherRommel you are correct. They banned him for selling a re-marked upper in order to match the lower......that's what I heard from
a reputable source. I advised my source to send him here......but don't try to sell fakes here either, or IF you do, full disclosure. 😉

Cheers!!!!!!

Do we really want an alleged "known" fraud here? :unsure:
We will not tolerate shenanigans here. 🔨

Tony

Guyanaman1963

Ok Tony.....you have a good point. @GuntherRommel ......nevermind. :rolleyes:

My bad.....only good intent. 😉

Cheers!!!!!
Here is my take on this:
koolaid has been around for quite awhile and I don’t recall seeing anything negative about him. I questioned some of his prices, but then again, I did that internally And did not feel it was my place to question him regarding what he thought it was worth.
there Is a lot of damning evidence against him and the way he dug in… makes me wonder if he was just duped or was he in fact trying to do the duping.
Did he get swindled, realized it and tried to recover, or was he unaware of the differences?
personally, I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but man!!!!…. He never acknowledged that it was a fake or a misrepresentation, whether knowingly or unknowingly.
I will reserve judgement on this and see what happens, but I would really like to hear his side without all of the denials and counter accusations on his part.
I have no love for a swindle, but once again, I feel there is more to this than meets the eye.
M.