What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1999 SHOT Show & HK brochure

DRYHEAT

My ‘K’ obsession started at the 1999 SHOT Show. I was there to take photos of new stuff for GunNews Magazine. I happened to stop by the HK booth to see what’s new and to gather as many different brochures for our editor to go through for details on said new items.
I saw this brochure at the far end of the booth table and picked it up for my own info.
6D67se6.jpg

When I got back home after SHOT I started going through all the photos and all the 30+ brochures /thumb drives/promo items I took.
When I got to the HK Weapons Systems I fixated on one particular gun… the MP5K-PDW.
0pf427I.jpg

Years before this I had bought a very lightly used HK94 for $250 through a friend who owned a sporting goods store. In less than a month I sent it to ‘Wild’ Bill Fleming (R.I.P.) to turn into a semi-auto replica of an MP5A3, registered SBR.
kCoa4i4.png

I really liked this gun and even took it to MT once on a prairie dog hunt. (after 8 ‘ranging’ shots a hit @ 106 yards!)
mZ44836.jpg

Eventually I sold the 94/SBR to a good friend.
Skip ahead to 2016 when I bought the MKE Z-5P. Five years after that I found the HK brochure in a box of files and the SBR idea came back to life. And here it is 23 years later:
Bvj9Eg2.jpg