What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.308/7.62mm NATO HK433 variant: still in the works or dead?

Barn Owl Lover

Since HK seems to have the 5.56mm 433 and .300 Blackout 437 production ready, and the MR308/762 line seems to be expanding into a 6.5mm Creedmoor variant, is HK still working on a .308 Win/7.62mm NATO 433 variant? It seems that they may've given up on or put on the back burner the 7.62x39mm variant (not really heard of since the original announcements), but would a full caliber version of the 433 still be something they might want to make, or continue on with the 417 variants?

Cromag

Since HK seems to have the 5.56mm 433 and .300 Blackout 437 production ready, and the MR308/762 line seems to be expanding into a 6.5mm Creedmoor variant, is HK still working on a .308 Win/7.62mm NATO 433 variant? It seems that they may've given up on or put on the back burner the 7.62x39mm variant (not really heard of since the original announcements), but would a full caliber version of the 433 still be something they might want to make, or continue on with the 417 variants?
I was originally under the impression that the 433 was going to be made in both 5.56 & .308/7.62. There was a discussion at one time about the geometry of the trigger housing mounting holes in the receiver that would fit the size requirements for the .308... This is going back a couple years, I dont remember exactly if it was true or if it was dropped or not. I just thought it was rolling out as 5.56 first and to be followed with a modular quick change kit. It seemed like a bulky way to drive a 5.56. I didn't really pay alot of attention to it at the time because I didn't see a civilian version being made available anytime soon. I would be interested in knowing what the actual plan for these rifles are also. And I would hope they would be still working on a full caliber variant of this rifle either way. 5.56 is ok but i personally prefer a .308/7.62 over it. After seeing more of this rifle, I do like the barrel options on the 433 alot and I really hope it succeeds. I will be in line for one. If they roll out a .308/7.62 i will jump the line. 😀
I think the market for both the 433 and 417 is there. Especially in the U.S.
In a civilian version,
The AR style 416 & 417 will always do well and no matter what anyone says about not being interested in both, if you put the 433s and 437s on the shelf with whatever the .308 will be, they will all sell like mad. It's just the way it goes. We all love new toys.

Barn Owl Lover

I'm wondering if they still have it under development because the 433 and 437 are still under development and appear to actually be production ready. They also seem to be among the new products that HK will be unveiling within the next few weeks or couple of months. I spoke to someone from HK's social media on Facebook, and though he/she didn't say anything specific, they do have quite a bit of stuff they want to release soon, though they've not made public any fixed dates.

I'm also wondering how the .308 version would differ from the 5.56mm version aside from caliber. With the 433 and 437 having limited mechanical parts interchangeability (to prevent accidental caliber related issues), I wonder if similar would hold true to the .308 version and maybe the 7.62x39mm version if it gets made.