What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

308 Barrel ID 91/CETME (Markings?)

NorincoKid

Hey guys, any idea what this is here?

FWIW, i tried pressing it into a CETME trunnion and lining up the pin channel and its waaaaaaaay off, like 1/4" away from where I usually see barrels set.

ZH4epVu.jpg

TSPALPq.jpg

r7jIhDg.jpg

AGG

Staff member
The only marking that I potentially recognize is in Picture 2. :unsure:
Though I do not see a "1" inside, it may be the Eibar Proof House (Spain)--- final black powder proof for single barrel breech-loading rifles since 1923. ;)

Tony

NorincoKid

I remember awhile back SARCO was selling NOS "in the white" Santa Barbara CETME barrels but I never had one in my hands to look at. This one kind of does look similar though, profile wise.

When I pressed it into a CETME trunnion it was so far off, the chamber face was probably 1/4" below (for lack of better words) the trunnion lip.

Not sure if it was maybe installed by a previous owner incorrectly, or maybe it was slapped in a HK trunnion? I know the trunnion/pin locations are slightly different between a CETME and G3 but I didn't think it was a 1/4' different.