What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

416 and Gas Blocks - Settled Case Law Yet?

ENDER

Staff member
I've read most everything on it going back 4 years. A lot of opinions, and a lot of egos - makes for an interesting read. None the less, for those that have bought or have intimate knowledge of the Hurricane Butterfly 10.4 chrome-lined barrel, is it vented? And will the HK vented gas block (marked 10") work without modification? I'm not interested in the adjustable gas block and I understand I may need to change the buffer spring based on whether I suppress or not. Is that the gist of it?

TIA

Brad4065

I've read most everything on it going back 4 years. A lot of opinions, and a lot of egos - makes for an interesting read. None the less, for those that have bought or have intimate knowledge of the Hurricane Butterfly 10.4 chrome-lined barrel, is it vented? And will the HK vented gas block (marked 10") work without modification? I'm not interested in the adjustable gas block and I understand I may need to change the buffer spring based on whether I suppress or not. Is that the gist of it?

TIA
Hey @ENDER

Personally, I've not dealt with the HB barrels. I've got a lot of experience with the HK416, 10.4 and 14's, both vented and not vented.
Perhaps if we can get @Nzfly on here, he can add some of his infinite wisdom. From my understanding, you don't need to conduct
any modifications....it's plug and play. However.....this is usage of the HK....not the HB.

Lastly, I've used the 10.4 vented and non vented, suppressed/not suppressed, and had zero adjustments or issues.
Just my spin on things.....and no....no ego involved, but I get where you're coming from on this issue. ;)

Cheers and good luck!!!!!!

ENDER

Staff member
I sent an email to HB late last week. Might try and call tomorrow. I'm assuming they are vented because they had blems on sale (OOS now) that had actual specs listed. The retail 10.4 barrel still in stock are void of much info on the website.

Yeah, not referencing you @Brad4065 in regards to ego 😉