What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few non-HKs

ghoulardi

FGsIRKg.gif

I made something far better then that when I was around 8 or 9 years old....it looked just about what that looks like, but actually fired............ ..a bottle cap gun; took a piece of wood, could have been a piece of 2x4 laying in the alley, nailed a cloths pin at the back, put a wood screw in the front...for "ammo" I folded a bottle cap with the "crowns" up around a rubber band.......this is when bottle caps were made from metal and you needed a bottle cap opener to take it off the bottle........ took the rubber band hooked it to the slot on the screw, then stretch it over the piece of wood and hooked it to the cloths pin.....to shoot it you just needed to press down on the cloths pin, the jaws opened and the bottle cap flew. the longer the piece of wood was the greater velocity and distance that bottle cap flew

wasn't very accurate.........but we didn't fire at each other at long distance, it was "close quarters weapon", and it did sting the bejesus if you got hit with it. just about all the kids in my neighborhood made one and we shot at each other playing "war" in the alley.

the alley was out playground and yes we were poor so we made our own toy guns and anything else we could find and scrape together we found in the alley to make fun use of

every one had where it was a one shot..........I made mine where it had 2 cloths pins sitting side by side and 2 wood screws, it was a double barrel cap gun, so I had a quick follow up shot if I missed with the first one ................unfortunate like in the real world where one side make a better weapon the other side copies it. in short order everybody in my neighborhood made double barrel bottle cap guns

damn, now I'm reminiscing about my childhood.......now I think I may want to recreate that bottle cap gun I had :)

Last edited:

ghoulardi

Chinese fire lance from the 10th Century?.........it it made from bamboo?

I also made a Chinese weapon, that's is a bit older then that when it was first introduced , around the 4th century BCE.....

THE REPEATING CROSSBOW ( Zhuge crossbow)

Digital-Camera.jpg

I made it several years ago as a winter project, except I made the magazine to hold 15 bolts instead of the standard 10 bolts. it's accurate enough at very short distance......it can hit a man size target at 20-30 meters.

but that's not what it was used for, as a accurate weapon ............you arm a few thousand Chinese with these thing, and have them fire at the enemy to the tune of 1 bolt every 1-2 seconds........... well you get the point, it would make Agincourt look like a water balloon fight
FGsIRKg.gif

I'm glad we didn't know about these things when I was a kid, we would have probably murdered each other

FGsIRKg.gif

this is how it works, BTW that's not me found this on YOUTUBE

Last edited:

copdoc

Yes a fire lance. Many historical conceptions of what it might shoot. Some prob like roman candles. This one shoots rocks from paper bamboo barrel using high/low P sys like 40mms. I wont go onto detail but it worked.
103.jpg

I built one of these too. It was surprising. Range just under 200 yds with tiny bolts. Made for indirect fire. If we had these as kids......

AGG

Staff member
Chinese fire lance from the 10th Century?.........it it made from bamboo?

I also made a Chinese weapon, that's is a bit older then that when it was first introduced , around the 4th century BCE.....

THE REPEATING CROSSBOW ( Zhuge crossbow)

I made it several years ago as a winter project, except I made the magazine to hold 15 bolts instead of the standard 10 bolts. it's accurate enough at very short distance......it can hit a man size target at 20-30 meters.

but that's not what it was used for, as a accurate weapon ............you arm a few thousand Chinese with these thing, and have them fire at the enemy to the tune of 1 bolt every 1-2 seconds........... well you get the point, it would make Agincourt look like a water balloon fight
FGsIRKg.gif

I'm glad we didn't know about these things when I was a kid, we would have probably murdered each other

FGsIRKg.gif

this is how it works, BTW that's not me found this on YOUTUBE

Nice work ;)--- sure that's you. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony

AGG

Staff member
Yes a fire lance. Many historical conceptions of what it might shoot. Some prob like roman candles. This one shoots rocks from paper bamboo barrel using high/low P sys like 40mms. I wont go onto detail but it worked.

I built one of these too. It was surprising. Range just under 200 yds with tiny bolts. Made for indirect fire. If we had these as kids......

Yeah--- I see no problem there :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:--- I did have a neighbor that got a Jart stuck in his head. :unsure:

Tony

Attachments

• Jart.jpg
    Jart.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 0

copdoc

¿¿¿ That's me??? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Stuck in head?? Daum. War darts are dangerous. I have a replica.

Since we started. Here is a 1000# + beast that will shoot throught 16 ga steel with ease. Built by a good friend with minimal help from me.

20210606_091701.jpg3414615thcrossbow.JPG20200705_142357.jpg

Guyanaman1963

copdoc

Is Dungeons and dragons like those new pac man games ? 🤔 I just play pin ball.

I understand infrared vision. I ain't that old. Used it before quite a bit in 70s before capacitors leaked and I got a 20kv surprise.

PS. It's Notanhk so

IR2.jpg

AGG

Staff member

I understand infrared vision. I ain't that old. Used it before quite a bit in 70s before capacitors leaked and I got a 20kv surprise.

PS. It's Notanhk so

Very nice. ;)

Tony

Guyanaman1963

PS. It's Notanhk so

View attachment 3966
Brother Thats nice looking!
Dungeons and Dragons was back in the 80% when I was in the Air Force. :cool: