What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A3-F stock, multi-position questions

drace

I'm thinking of getting my HK manufactured, non-universal "two-position" (i.e. it's either closed or fully extended) A3-F milled for additional positions. I know there are three- and four-position A3-F stocks in existence, but I haven't found any substantial answers to my questions below:

1) Does fully collapsed count as a position? For instance, is a "three-position" stock going to be configured as

(A) 1/closed 2/partially extended 3/fully extended; or

(B) 0/closed 1/partially extended 2/even further extended 3/fully extended?

2) Are the positions evenly spaced? I could've sworn I've seen a picture of an A3 fork with at least two positional cutouts in very close succession to eachother, near the fully extended position.

3) Did HK make both the three- and four-position stocks available, or just one style?

4) Can you "pull through" the individual positions, or do you have to manipulate the latch to move from one position to the next?

5) Has anyone had an A3 stock refinished and/or cut for multiple positions by Zenith? How's their quality?

ghoulardi

every factory "F" stock I've seen has 4 locked position; fully extended, fully closed and 2 intermediate open position........the 3 open positions are evenly spaced.

and you have to unlock the latch each time you move it to another position

as for the question, " Has anyone had an A3 stock .............. cut for multiple positions?"

no, didn't make a bit of sense to me to have intermediate open position...........for the simple reason, I wouldn't use those anyways. I certainly don't use the ones on my AR15 collapsible stock, so what would be the point of having them on my A3 stock?

Last edited: