What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Revolvers guys in here?

GmanVP9

Ive been eyeing a S&W 686. But in general does anyone here own any revolvers? How do you like them?

UltraFudd

Revolvers are fun. I have several.

I like them because I dont have to chase after my brass. I carry one when in less friendly states where my CCW permit is good and magazine limits may be an issue. A revolver used to be my backup gun when deer hunting. Only needed it once to end a hunt.

Nothing beats a Colt trigger (here we go). I once owned a 686; nice pistol in 4”. Kept it until my handloads pretty much ate the timing. Smiths tend to get a bit loose under heavy loads, but that was a while back (mid-80s).

In the wayback, our local cops carried 4” Model 10 .38s, the Highway Patrol either 4 or 6” Model 27 .357s. DNR Wardens carried blued Model 19s since they never had much use for fixed sights and thought they could reach out farther on game with adjustables.

Stainless is nice for durability, but nothing beats a vintage well-blued gun. There’s a lot of pride in ownership with those.
2F879E9F-2350-409C-B31F-289559C980F1.jpeg

Valmet

I have a few S&Ws. The one that sees the most range time is a Model 67 customized by Frank Glenn out of AZ. Trigger job, 6” bull bbl, and custom Target grips. I’ll dig it out and post a pic at some point.

Have a 6.5” 24-3 .44 Spl I enjoy shooting also as well as a Victory Model .38 that my grandfather picked up and carried in Europe at the end of WW2.

AGG

Staff member
S&W is the only way to go on wheel guns (unless you want to drop some ducats for a Korth). ;)

Tony

NorincoKid

QjXeAvF.jpg

^ My old, trusty Mod 60

raJMrIG.jpg

UltraFudd

S&W is the only way to go on wheel guns (unless you want to drop some ducats for a Korth). ;)

Tony
Alright then; What’s a four-letter word describing something you can’t afford anymore that starts with “C” and ends with “T”?

Waiting for an answer . . .

Dirty mind? . . .

. . .

COLT

😇👏🏽

AGG

Staff member
Alright then; What’s a four-letter word describing something you can’t afford anymore that starts with “C” and ends with “T”?
Waiting for an answer . . .
Dirty mind? . . .
COLT

😇👏🏽

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony

Deputydave

Ive been eyeing a S&W 686. But in general does anyone here own any revolvers? How do you like them?

I started out on revolvers. Specifically the S&W M64 which was my duty weapon for the first decade. Very good pistol.

The S&W 686 has always been a favorite of mine. Never had the full size but did have a 2 1/2 inch model. It is a very sharp looking revolver.

Shout out to the Ruger GP100. The old saying is that it's built like a tank...it is.

Also have to say my first personally owned firearm was a Taurus 669VR (also know as a 689). Sharp looking revolver and shot quite well. That was a long time ago :)

evort

Contributing member
I own K, L, N frame S&W in a variety of calibers, a couple Blackhawks in 45 Colt and 480 Ruger. I have a 586-4, a 686 would be great. I reload with 296 and powders like that, buy gas check lead up to 180g and have fun.