What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody put a HK45C magazine release in their USPs?

ENDER

Staff member
Just wondering if anyone here has put a HK45C magazine release in their USP or USPC??
I see that MGW has them for $7ea which IMO is a Great price..
Here's the Link ~~~~> Heckler And Koch HK45C Magazine Release
Yep, no problem with USPc45 or USPT45. Some reported issues with 9 and 40 plastic body mags. Yes, good price - almost as cheap as the HK webshop when in stock.

Hk-USPC-40

I'm gonna order a few from MGW in my next order + some roll pins to clean the firing pin channel out
They show as having them IN STOCK!!
Might have to trim a few holsters for it though?
All Compact Magazines are metal..
Looks like an easy install, I have the roll pin punch
I use my trigger finger on these Hk magazine releases ever since I had a P7M8
My Thumb has trouble reaching out that far without shifting the pistol in my hand

I also need/want a USPc magazine loader to make my coming ones kit complete
Very similar to a Glocks mag loader
MGW show having them too @ $12
Got rid of my last Glock one when I sold my Glock 24 & G26 Gen 4
Need an UpLula or more magazines have seven now, Will have Nine..

Great Non Corporate Owned Hk Forum Here

MMissile

It sucks that the shipping could be twice the price of the release. My brain won't let me do it.

Hk-USPC-40

Here's a Good Question..
Are the magazine releases on the 9/40 full size USPs all polymer?
Is the area that touches the magazine plastic?
Just wondered, As it does seem that after repeated insertions & ejections that a metal part there would destroy the magazine or rub a groove in it.
Not sure about the half moon cut out with the nub like all my metal Hk magazines have..
I'm talking about the USPs with the polymer magazines as ENDER mentioned above..
You can see where they wear on the one magazine my USP40c came with #5 in the photo..
A magazine is after all an expendable part even though they cost big money in the Hk world..

Magazines III.jpg

Deputydave

I'm assuming that the part in the OP link is the same as this part...

Extended Magazine Release For HK Pistols

If so, yes. I've installed one in all my pistols so far (P2000, USPc and USP 45). They make a substantial difference imo. I like them quite a bit and if they are the same part I really overpaid! :(

Deputydave

$7 beats $20! I'll remember that site for future HK purchases because I like to put that enhanced paddle release on all of them.

Deputydave

Some photos I tossed in the HK thread on the SEP forum.

Standard paddle release

50532804988_5d77afe740_z.jpg

Enhanced paddle release

50533686042_24c16fa672_z.jpg

Do you 'have' to upgrade the part? No, not really. And generally, except for night sights I'm not much into modding any of my pistols. However, I very much saw a substantial difference between the two parts and have the enhanced release on all three of my HK's and will do the same for any future HK's I get. Personal preference.

Hk-USPC-40

I'm gonna order a couple Hk45C magazine releases when I get together a good list of parts
For $7ea you can't go wrong being it's a factory Hk part

Hk-USPC-40

I will also note the 2nd picture is a P2000
Now to find a 9mm P2000SK = Glock 26 replacement

Deputydave

That is correct, the first photo is a USP 45 (before the upgrade) and the second photo is a P2000 (with the upgrade). The paddle is the same for either.

As far as the P2000sk, it would make a good replacement for the Glock 26. The G26 has the advantage of being able to use all of the higher capacity magazines, slightly more options that HK. But the P2k has some larger capacity options as well so unless you have a bunch of higher capacity Glock mags it's a moot point.

The P2k would be of interest in that it comes in a 40 S&W flavor. I'd like to see that offered in the P30sk as that would be my choice for a sub-compact double stack.

Nothing wrong with the G26, carried one off-duty for years. It's solid and capable. Long term durability is a toss up. They're both going to last a long time.

HK12Step

Agreed. I love them. Have them on all my USPc’s, P2000’s and P2000SK. I even keep a handful of extras on hand in the parts bin just to be ready for the pistols I don’t own.....yet.

Hk-USPC-40

$7 beat $20 but they have them in stock & MGW sold out due to this thread
I only wanted three & only have two USPs