What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ATF NOW TAKING COMMENTS on Objective Factors for Classifying Weapons With “Stabilizing Braces”; Withdrawal of Guidance…. UPDATE #3 ATF

AGG

Staff member
Braces and binary triggers will probably go the way of the bump stock--- some people with braces are already going the SBR route--- that is fine, but I would do it with a "real" folding or collapsible stock. ;)
Withdrawing notice and comments does not sound good. :rolleyes:

Tony

ENDER

Staff member
Braces and binary triggers will probably go the way of the bump stock--- some people with braces are already going the SBR route--- that is fine, but I would do it with a "real" folding or collapsible stock. ;)
Withdrawing notice and comments does not sound good. :rolleyes:

Tony
I agree, they will probably move to ban all of it instead. No need for a brace if the entire assault weapon is illegal.

Guyanaman1963

I agree, they will probably move to ban all of it instead. No need for a brace if the entire assault weapon is illegal.
I dont like the sound of that! These jacka**es need to understand what exactly is an assault rifle!
16” barrel is ok, but a 14” barrel will cost you an additional $200 tax stamp? I can see how destructive a 14” barrel is... or an 8” pistol barrel... but wait, thats a pistol!

esh21167

For now, this is actually good news. ATF has withdrawn the entire notice, so braces are safe. For the time being. Biden and Harris will take the gloves off on 1-21-21.

Guyanaman1963

For now, this is actually good news. ATF has withdrawn the entire notice, so braces are safe. For the time being. Biden and Harris will take the gloves off on 1-21-21.
I really hope not. Perhaps they will take the Obama approach and talk but not take action.

Lumbergh

I really hope not. Perhaps they will take the Obama approach and talk but not take action.

This is the likely course of action, particularly if the GA Senate races go (R).

Politicians like to get re-elected. Its the 2nd term that Presidents tend to take the gloves off if they truly have an agenda.

Guyanaman1963

This is the likely course of action, particularly if the GA Senate races go (R).

Politicians like to get re-elected. Its the 2nd term that Presidents tend to take the gloves off if they truly have an agenda.
I hop youre right, and I’m rooting for a Georgia win. All we do is hope and perhaps form a united front to combat the attack on the 2A and on our rights as US citizens.

MMissile

I have zero faith left. No laws or the Constitution are being heeded now. What ya think is gonna happen if/when the commies get in? NOBODY has stopped them[or seriously attempted], yet. Just do what you're told, and wear your mask, six feet apart.

Guyanaman1963

I have zero faith left. No laws or the Constitution are being heeded now. What ya think is gonna happen if/when the commies get in? NOBODY has stopped them[or seriously attempted], yet. Just do what you're told, and wear your mask, six feet apart.
It seems that way, but I have always been a closet germ-a-phobe so I wear a mask and would rather hug you than shake hands, please dont be offended as I dont push my opinion on anyone! I do however feel that no one has the right to tell me what to do with regards to mask wearing or social distancing... that should be an individual’s choice. Before COVID my wife and family would say my OCD is kicking! 😂
I also agree with you that the constitution is not being heeded. Apparently people feel that “These God Giving Rights” are a favor bestowed upon the masses by the Federal, State, and local municipalities. I just dont understand why folks are so willing to let the government take their “GOD GIVEN” rights away... or worst... just give them away!!! It baffles my mind!!!
As for doing something about it... I financially support Gun Advocate Groups (I dropped the NRA) that I pray will fight for my 2A rights. I also attend marches and signs petitions to my senators and congressmen... a lot of good that does.
I wish I could do more legally... but one can only try!
Thanks for letting me ramble on and Happy New Years to all!!!
M.

MMissile

I hop youre right, and I’m rooting for a Georgia win. All we do is hope and perhaps form a united front to combat the attack on the 2A and on our rights as US citizens.
Unless people are gonna pass hand written notes and ideas amongst each other. There's no way to communicate, without surveillance. I don't believe people realize/understand how screwed we are. There will be no united-front. I've been saying since they started with auto safety standards, GPS, bicycle helmet laws, and other non-requested orders....government and technology will be the bane of mankind. You are not free. If you think you are....trying not paying some of the taxes that you have been illegally subjected to. Try making the government live by their own laws, put on your back.

Last edited:

AGG

Staff member
So there at it again, now we have a template that grades the arm brace. 4 points and its a SBR.
Hopefully someone smarter than I can help explain this. @ctyatty this is right up your alley!

Thanks,
M.

I cannot believe that these were initially declared legal to begin with (except with medical documents). :rolleyes:
Solution--- register as an SBR, and pay $50.00, or pay nothing with medical documentation. :unsure:
That way, the possessor is not in legal jeopardy, and the manufacturers are not financially penalized. ;)

Tony

MMissile

Loopholes around laws, are what causes media ideas like "the gunshow loophole". People can own anything they want...just thru proper channels. I don't understand the mindset that you're gettin-over on the law. Another thing that kills me, is that people think NFA stuff subjects you to extra scrutiny by the government.You have NO secrets from the government. I'm just finishing-up another NFA registration to mail in, tomorrow. My wife has to get prints.....again.

Last edited:

Guyanaman1963

I cannot believe that these were initially declared legal to begin with (except with medical documents). :rolleyes:
Solution--- register as an SBR, and pay $50.00, or pay nothing with medical documentation. :unsure:
That way, the possessor is not in legal jeopardy, and the manufacturers are not financially penalized. ;)

Tony
$50.00 to register as a SBR? I though it was $200?

ORL-LLC

Guyanaman1963

LoL:

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2021/06/atf-released-new-proposed-pistol-brace-rules/#ixzz6xEGLjcOi
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

More confusingly, if a firearm has flip-up sights, then the ATF would give that gun one point towards becoming an SBR.
The ATF would assign a gun with a red dot two points.
The ATF doesn’t see why a shooter would use a red dot on a pistol.
What a “F”ing joke! I need a red dot because I shoot with one eye!
I knew we were heading for trouble from the first proposal… now this one.

Guyanaman1963

ATF is taking comments on their new ruling regarding braces. Perhaps we can come up with a nice form letter that explains our side of this to make a more impactful statement?
Whatever we decide, I think everyone should make their voices heard.
I’m open to suggestions rather than telling them to go F*ck Themselves with a 10’ pole!
Any suggestions? @ctyatty
I know @ORL-LLC has something to say! 🤣

M.