What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto Racing?

Mitchell

This was our R8 in 2014. It was the last race for this car and the end my employment with Audi. I thought a full black livery would accurately express my displeasure with the decision to stop the funded racing program. I incorporated reflective black decals so it would appear totally black but wasn’t. The car looked black until the sun or photo flash hit it and depending on the angle went from grey to white. They made us put some red accents on the car before we were allowed to race because of the fear other drivers couldn’t see it. We had the last laugh.

We won the race in the final turn of the last lap. It was fitting.

Last edited:

AGG

Staff member
This was our R8 in 2014. It was the last race for this car and the end my employment with Audi. I thought a full black livery would accurately express my displeasure with the decision to stop the funded racing program. I incorporated reflective black decals so it would appear totally black but wasn’t. The car looked black until the sun or photo flash hit it and depending on the angle went from grey to white. They made us put some red accents on the car before we were allowed to race because of the fear other drivers couldn’t see it. We had the last laugh.

We won the race in the final turn of the last lap. It was fitting.

View attachment 3181

The all-black is bad arse. ;)

Tony

ORL-LLC

A Master Pilipino Metal Worker as it was too expensive to ship a Fiberglass hood to Clark AFB in 1980
Cost me $1500 peso's if I remember correctly.
(Don't remember what the exchange rate was back then)

MMissile

Very cool. Would have worked with many aftermarket intakes, that were too tall for a factory T/A hood.

Last edited:

MMissile

I'm one of a not so small minority that think the 71 `cuda is tasteless. They took one of the most beautiful cars Chrysler ever built [70 `cuda], and just added tons of JC Whitney parts and stuff all over it. The grille is just too busy and they lost those beautiful 70 parking lights, Pontiac T/A louvres in the fenders, generic black shaker scoops, quarter stripes that look like they were done with a paint roller to cover body damage, and ruined a great set of tail lights. Hell, the seats are even ugly/flat. The 72-74 is more visually attractive. Oh, and rare cars are generally because when built, they were too expensive, dumb, or ugly.

LEMming

I'm a racing enthusiast, though mostly prefer classic stuff. The 60s to the 90s are my "golden era". I still love and respect modern motorsport, and understand the inevitability of technological advancement. That said, I still feel like the "soul" is being engineered out of everything to the point where I find myself perpetually filled with nostalgia.

If the sound of an air-cooled flat 12 raises the hairs on the back of your neck, we can be friends. ;)