What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bahnhof Machine... anyone ever used them or know anything about them?

Guyanaman1963

Came across this builder the other day, and I’m curious if anyone knows anything about them.

Thanks,
M.

ghoulardi

it's weird that they would use a German word for what means train station as their company name, I guess they figured it sounding German is "kewl", I was half expected to see a train as their company logo................................. well, at least they didn't call themselves Baader-Meinhof as their company name

FGsIRKg.gif

Last edited:

Guyanaman1963

According to the website, he said that was how his name is spelled in German before his family migrated to the US.
M.

DevilDog03

Contributing member
Brad Bahnhof -he trained under Mike Woodward at TSC From what I gathered. Mike referred me to him recently because he’s very backlogged with MGs. So I called Brad B. A couple of times he answers the phone and spoke to me about what I wanted. He has a website and is located in Florida.
I am sending my SP5 to him soon for remarks and paint NFA info so when I get it back I’ll put up some pics with feedback about the experience.

Seems good to go at this point. Just based off speaking to him and Mike endorsing him To do the work.

Guyanaman1963

Brad Bahnhof -he trained under Mike Woodward at TSC From what I gathered. Mike referred me to him recently because he’s very backlogged with MGs. So I called Brad B. A couple of times he answers the phone and spoke to me about what I wanted. He has a website and is located in Florida.
I am sending my SP5 to him soon for remarks and paint NFA info so when I get it back I’ll put up some pics with feedback about the experience.

Seems good to go at this point. Just based off speaking to him and Mike endorsing him To do the work.
Recommended by TSC? CHECK!!!!!

I am going to pay him a visit soon, since his shop is not far from me at all. It would be great to have an skilled HK guy in my backyard! I will report back when I can.
M.

AGG

Staff member

Thanks for the information--- keep us updated. ;)

Tony

AGG

Staff member
Recommended by TSC? CHECK!!!!!

I am going to pay him a visit soon, since his shop is not far from me at all. It would be great to have an skilled HK guy in my backyard! I will report back when I can.
M.

Not bad to have. :giggle:

Tony

DevilDog03

Contributing member
Not bad to have. :giggle:

Tony
That’s was I was thinking I mean builders are busy and you can’t never have enough good ones to help you.

I cannot say about sear host work etc. but like Mike I’m pretty sure he won’t remove warning labels he will however deep engrave and blacken in to be less noticeable. This was the case with an SP5K Mike did for me a couple years ago he would not remove labels either.

He also said he can do SD cans like the originals.

OK not propping him up but just letting all know what he has told me from the phone.

AGG

Staff member
That’s was I was thinking I mean builders are busy and you can’t never have enough good ones to help you.

I cannot say about sear host work etc. but like Mike I’m pretty sure he won’t remove warning labels he will however deep engrave and blacken in to be less noticeable. This was the case with an SP5K Mike did for me a couple years ago he would not remove labels either.

He also said he can do SD cans like the originals.

OK not propping him up but just letting all know what he has told me from the phone.

Thanks for the clarification. ;)

Tony

DevilDog03

Contributing member
Thanks for the clarification. ;)

Tony
BTW my SP5 is now on its way to Florida for the work so I should have a pretty fast turnaround to get it back from him. I also sent a date coded Navy housing that was pretty used for a refurb.
So I will post pics when I get it back for all to see the refinish and remarks.

Thanks

Last edited:

Guyanaman1963

BTW my SP5 is now on its way to Florida for the work so I should have a pretty fast turnaround to get it back from him. I also sent a date coded Navy housing that was pretty used for a refurb.
So I will start a new thread when I get it back for all to see the refinish and remarks.

Thanks
Thats awesome!!! Waiting on the thread! (y)

AGG

Staff member
So I will start a new thread when I get it back for all to see the refinish and remarks.

Thanks

Please do. ;)

Tony

DevilDog03

Contributing member
Ok gents it has been a couple of months and I now have my SP5 back from Brad at Bahnhof Machine.
I am no expert but I was happy with the whole experience from start to finish.
A couple of things here to say I have a TSC K Navy so I guess one could compare some differences but I have no problems with what Brad did. I also sent him a wore out Navy trigger housing from GSC surplus and he went above and beyond to make it look as good as It could.
The NFA info was deep dark engraved as well and is very well obscured but visible as per the regs. along with the remarking of warning info.
The turnaround time would have been quicker but the trigger housing took some time and resources to fix. He also refinished a A3 stock to match the gun and it turned out the same.
I am but one opinion but I think it’s good to go.

The pics can speak for themselves.

Thanks

5A2B1168-BDC7-4990-A1B6-9467FE476A41.jpeg
AA5814B7-C9C2-486B-83B7-413111951314.jpeg
419EFCC2-10D9-4DB5-848D-81699438E14C.jpeg
C1FD4577-24EC-47D7-8E67-7A15ED3A31B0.jpeg
D614298F-1C20-4980-B9FE-AD4B1FBF0B58.jpeg
5399B9CC-7899-4B4B-A2A4-9B9784413FC4.jpeg
22079EE5-7DD2-4686-8942-ED9E7504CCF2.jpeg
CDCFF166-8B72-4360-A27A-4A3B53A09609.jpeg

Last edited:

Vinz Klortho

This is the shop that charges $325 for a paddle type magazine release. I don't know if that's a lot of money or a fair price. Personally that luxury is not worth $325 to me.

ghoulardi

This is the shop that charges $325 for a paddle type magazine release. I don't know if that's a lot of money or a fair price. Personally that luxury is not worth $325 to me.
personally, I don't like the paddle magazine release, have then on on VECTOR V89 and V53 which I don't use, I'd rather push the magazine release button

Vinz Klortho

It does look like they build a nice gun though.

There's a place up my way called Revolutionary Roller Locks. I emailed them a few weeks ago to ask if they built kits from the ground up.
They never replied. I took that as a "No".

AGG

Staff member
Ok gents it has been a couple of months and I now have my SP5 back from Brad at Bahnhof Machine.
I am no expert but I was happy with the whole experience from start to finish.
A couple of things here to say I have a TSC K Navy so I guess one could compare some differences but I have no problems with what Brad did. I also sent him a wore out Navy trigger housing from GSC surplus and he went above and beyond to make it look as good as It could.
The NFA info was deep dark engraved as well and is very well obscured but visible as per the regs. along with the remarking of warning info.
The turnaround time would have been quicker but the trigger housing took some time and resources to fix. He also refinished a A3 stock to match the gun and it turned out the same.
I am but one opinion but I think it’s good to go.

The pics can speak for themselves.

Thanks
Pics of trigger housing refinished and clipped /pinned .

Excellent work--- congratulations. ;)

Tony