What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Birmingham AL First HK! 😁 P30SKV1

JD-P30LEM

Greetings all, from Aaalabaaama !

Excited to be a first time HK owner. So intrigued by the LEM I had to try one.
Just arrived yesterday. Newly “adopted” (my wife and I have 2 rescued Chihuahuas), P30SK LEM 9mm. Can’t wait to go to the range.

Where are my Alabama People? 👍🏻🇺🇸

JD-P30LEM

And to satisfy my goofy sense of humor and proclivity to Dad Jokes, I refer to the FFL as a “Federal FOSTER LOCATION” and that I have adopted/ rescued a P30SK. This HK wasn’t purchased. I merely paid an adoption fee and $20 more to the local rescue shelter.
🤦🏻‍♂️😆😆😆

AGG

Staff member
Greetings all, from Aaalabaaama !

Excited to be a first time HK owner. So intrigued by the LEM I had to try one.
Just arrived yesterday. Newly “adopted” (my wife and I have 2 rescued Chihuahuas), P30SK LEM 9mm. Can’t wait to go to the range.

Where are my Alabama People? 👍🏻🇺🇸

Here I am. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Welcome to the site--- congratulations on your first, HK sidearm. ;)

Tony

JD-P30LEM

Today I went to the Cahaba Wildlife Mgmt area near Helena. So enjoyed my first rounds through my P30 SK LEM 9mm. The shooting range there is a nice place to shoot and enjoy the wilderness.

Guyanaman1963

Today I went to the Cahaba Wildlife Mgmt area near Helena. So enjoyed my first rounds through my P30 SK LEM 9mm. The shooting range there is a nice place to shoot and enjoy the wilderness.
How did it perform? Did you like it?
I personally tried to like LEM but just could not do it. Then again… give me a 1911 and im euphoric!!!
M.

JD-P30LEM

How did it perform? Did you like it?
I personally tried to like LEM but just could not do it. Then again… give me a 1911 and im euphoric!!!
M.
Personal preferences are fine! Since 2010 I have shot Glock 19 and June 2020 I got an M&P Compact 2.0. Having “grown up” on striker fired pistols, LEM is not that big a change.
Since you prefer single action, I’ll guess you prefer HK with a safety to carry cocked and locked.

JD-P30LEM

I did not know that there was a range there. :unsure:

Tony
It’s very well run. Open Wednesday - Sunday.
Closed 🚫 Monday & Tuesday.

One only needs to have a fishing or hunting license…. Or exceed the age of 65 as I do. 25 yard pistol. 100 yard rifle range. AL DNR has good folks working there. My off days are Tues/Wed. I go on Wednesday.
‼️ Range in Calera reopened. Good guy running that too.

Guyanaman1963

Personal preferences are fine! Since 2010 I have shot Glock 19 and June 2020 I got an M&P Compact 2.0. Having “grown up” on striker fired pistols, LEM is not that big a change.
Since you prefer single action, I’ll guess you prefer HK with a safety to carry cocked and locked.
I actually do Prefer the safety selector and hammer fired. I ”Grew up” on 1911’s, courtesy of the USAF, so my training leans towards hammer fired and safeties. There is absolutely nothing wrong with LEM or striker fired. I highly recommend Glocks to new and novice gun owners until they ”grow up” a bit and can make informed choices.
Would love to see pics of carry rig!
Thanks,
M.

AGG

Staff member
It’s very well run. Open Wednesday - Sunday.
Closed 🚫 Monday & Tuesday.

One only needs to have a fishing or hunting license…. Or exceed the age of 65 as I do. 25 yard pistol. 100 yard rifle range. AL DNR has good folks working there. My off days are Tues/Wed. I go on Wednesday.
‼️ Range in Calera reopened. Good guy running that too.

Thanks.

Tony