What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brass marks near ejection port.

Craigxo

Sorry, if this sounds stupid. I have shot many pistols through my life and I recently became a first time HK owner. After shooting 200rds through my USP I noticed all brass marks near the ejection port.
I have never seen this happen with any other pistol I have shot. Is this normal?

AGG

Staff member
Welcome to the site. :)
No stupid questions here--- is the firearm new (?)--- is yours a USP Standard, Elite/Expert, or Tactical (?)(recoil spring lightest to heaviest--- E/E, S, T). :unsure:
The brass marks are normal, especially if you are using weak ammunition and new recoil springs. ;)
Once the sidearm is broken in, the brass marks should go away. :giggle:
A copper solvent should remove the brass marks--- research which is the best at removal, and which will not damage the finish. 😀

Tony

Guyanaman1963

Sorry, if this sounds stupid. I have shot many pistols through my life and I recently became a first time HK owner. After shooting 200rds through my USP I noticed all brass marks near the ejection port.
I have never seen this happen with any other pistol I have shot. Is this normal?
Welcome to the site!!!!
thats some good info above!!!!
M.