What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Difficult Extraction P30SK

JD-P30LEM

1. Clean Gun
2. 100+ rounds fired Blazer Brass @ range
3. Gun ran well 👍🏻
4. Reloaded mag, topped off 13+1
5. Next day I removed 13 round mag
6. ⚠️Pulled slide to remove chambered round

I noticed the slide was more difficult to pull. Some extra effort and the round extracted successfully. Federal HST 147 grain.

Does this mean I need to clean the gun after only 100 rounds? I can see carbon on the feed ramp.

Thank you in advance. Cheers 🍻 🇺🇸

JD-P30LEM

Needs to be shot more… it will loosen up a bit!!!
M.
I like your recommendation! Ship ammo to 123 Elm St 👍🏻😁

After I posted my question, I remembered the same issue on my M&P 2.0 9-mm.

I’m suspecting the HST case diameters may be at the max diameter of the allowable tolerance. Guess I need to use those up!

LEMming

My preference for years has been Federal HST 147gr, and I've never had that issue in the P30.

I kind of doubt it but, there is the small possibility that the box you have or maybe the batch was slightly off on the taper crimp of the case mouth. That can potentially lead to chambering issues.

I'd maybe buy another box of HST from elsewhere and see if you have the same issue.

Brad4065

1. Clean Gun
2. 100+ rounds fired Blazer Brass @ range
3. Gun ran well 👍🏻
4. Reloaded mag, topped off 13+1
5. Next day I removed 13 round mag
6. ⚠️Pulled slide to remove chambered round

I noticed the slide was more difficult to pull. Some extra effort and the round extracted successfully. Federal HST 147 grain.

Does this mean I need to clean the gun after only 100 rounds? I can see carbon on the feed ramp.

Thank you in advance. Cheers 🍻 🇺🇸
Stop using Blazer. I've had more problems out of that.

Use Federal 147gr. Or Winchester white box......with the latter, it will get dirty quicker.

Cheers!!!!!

ETA: I've put more than 1000 rounds through the MP5 with Federal, without cleaning or a jam. {Got lazy on occasion}
Just FYI.....YMMV