What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disassociation with HKP

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGG

Staff member
I have completely divested myself of HKP. ;)
Apologies for offending anyone here--- HKPS is my commitment. :giggle:

In case my post is deleted: :unsure:

"I will be discontinuing my association with HKPRO, and focusing my efforts on my personal site, HKPROSHOP.
Though my unbanning was appreciated, I cannot forget what was previously done to me and others that you know.
I will truly miss all of my HK brothers and sisters here, and hope to see you on HKPROSHOP.

I respectfully request that VerticalScope/moderators remove my account, in its entirety."

Tony

Guyanaman1963

I have completely divested myself of HKP. ;)
Apologies for offending anyone here--- HKPS is my commitment. :giggle:

In case my post is deleted: :unsure:

"I will be discontinuing my association with HKPRO, and focusing my efforts on my personal site, HKPROSHOP.
Though my unbanning was appreciated, I cannot forget what was previously done to me and others that you know.
I will truly miss all of my HK brothers and sisters here, and hope to see you on HKPROSHOP.

I respectfully request that VerticalScope/moderators remove my account, in its entirety."

Tony
Baller Move Brother!
You did not offend me in any way, shape, or form!!! I don't understand why anyone would be, but to each his own.
M.

RetropM

You guys gotta do what you gotta do, but IMO, making a public post over there that you are leaving after effectively being gone for quite some time probably hurts the optics of this forum more than the other. Again, just an outsider looking in, I understand why you feel the way you do and I would probably have done the same if I were in your shoes. I'm glad that the decision was made to create a new forum so that all the good people that felt they had to leave there could join here since it seems like a lot of bad stuff went down.

AGG

Staff member
Post appears to be deleted, and I seem to be banned again. ;)
Can anyone check to see if my account has been removed? :unsure:

Tony

Attachments

• Village of the Banned.jpg
    Village of the Banned.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 0

RetropM

@AGG They closed your account but the post is not deleted. Here is what Straightgrain wrote:

"AGG @HKPRO and I, and many others, are saddened to hear this. We can close your account, but we cannot remove it. There are 100's of web scraper/indexers that preserve everything that was ever posted on the net, so trying to scrub an account is wasted effort. I can change it to AGG-closed and make sure that it cannot be hijacked or reopened (unless you choose to return).

This thread will not be deleted, but it will be closed."

Last edited:

AGG

Staff member
@AGG They closed your account but the post is not deleted. Here is what Straightgrain wrote:

"AGG @HKPRO and I, and many others, are saddened to hear this. We can close your account, but we cannot remove it. There are 100's of web scraper/indexers that preserve everything that was ever posted on the net, so trying to scrub an account is wasted effort. I can change it to AGG-closed and make sure that it cannot be hijacked or reopened (unless you choose to return).

This thread will not be deleted, but it will be closed."

Thanks. :giggle:

Tony

Lamont

Staff member
My resignation has likewise been removed. So here it is:

I have been here since 2004. It's a long time. For me anyway.
HKPro was AWESOME for a lot of years. It was the place to be. Good times, good folks (mostly) with the HKPro SHOT Show "crawl" as an annual get together.....awesome.
But things change. Always in this life. The "Group Buy" fiasco with Marc Wagner and 9 months of refusing to deal with the problem while he continued to steal from the membership was nigh unforgivable and there is no one who doesn't believe it wasn't suppressed because of the negotiations to sell the site to a Canadian company. "Follow the money". We have this thing in the military and contracting world's called an "integrity check". Fail one and you are gone. It can be as simple as not telling the whole truth when you are asked a direct question. No one has time or desire to quibble word selection with you.That was a really big fail. I had no dog in that fight, just inside information from Germany about his activities there which completely made him out to be a liar and a thief on this side of the Atlantic. (Being an 08/SOT Importer, German wife, there multiple times a year, etc.) I got savaged for my trouble by people who hoped he would fuck them last. "We believe in you, Marc". "If you're really an Importer, post a copy of your license". ROFLMMFAO..
The idea that people can buy a Supporting Membership and then edit out complaints about "this gun don't run.....ever" was BS. "Is". You're protecting people from the consequences of their actions and helping them sell a deficient product. You force them to make it right or be exiled, not cover for them and be paid for it. You can have a fancy explanation for that, but it's still what it is. If such concerns were addressed.....but they never were.
When we started ProShop I was hopeful that we could co-exist, and it's not that we can't, but not in the way we have until now. We are NOT going to wind up coordinating with HKPro staff about stuff, who they have problems with (who with the exception of a few are probably people we want as members anyway) and this whole "we won't allow people to disparage you if you do the same"?? Sorry, but I'm not aware that anyone is disparaging ProShop. Just Pro. So I'm not seeing what ProShop would be doing here other than helping you keep a lid on the idea that people are dissatisfied with Pro. We were dissatisfied with Pro. That's why ProShop exists. Someone didn't really think that through. That and all the "un-bannings' make it look a lot like an attempt at damage control. Ask yourself why anyone at ProShop wants to help you with that.....
So I think it's time for me to close up shop here, as have AAG and TooSixy. "End of an era" for me personally. But Proshop deserves to have my full support, not split, with no reason for anyone to think otherwise. So regrettably I'll be asking to have my account inactivated as well.
Most of the longtime membership here at Pro is welcome over at ProShop. Those who aren't already know who they are. And why.

HKPRO

Lamont--I don't know if I am welcome here, but I wrote this just a bit after you weighed in on my thread, before I knew you were hitting the eject button. FWIW.

If you guys decide you don't want me around, I will respect that.

BTW, I had zero to do with the MarcDW issues and hardly know anything about it. I did not look all that up when I returned.

--tom

-----

I am personally not inclined to want to get down in the weeds with the vendor issue, and I personally, read speaking for myself, think it has been arbitrary and unfair in all directions. Roof, I will get to your PM later. Lamont, you raise valid points. The site is my namesake, but I was effectively gone from late 2010 to early 2020, and sold it in 2011 because of my divorce. Now I am fully back, and I think that I have gotten sucked into the drama, or at least some of it.

The HK world has been good to me, and this site has opened doors for me. Of late, I am humbled to be involved with the publication of the HK Vickers Guide series, and I am teaching MP5 again at WOFT next week. Talking HK and sharing that passion with others of like mind puts me in a happy place. All this discord makes me sad.

I was not involved in TooSixy's issues, but I was the one who pulled the trigger on Tony. I privately apologized to him this morning, and I joined Proshop specfically under this username. I don't even remember the particulars from when I pulled the trigger, but that tells me it wasn't an adequate reason alone. He says I am welcome by him, and possibly not by others. That's fair. I don't have a ton of time to spend here or there, but I do what I can with my ailing elderly mother and hopelessly sedentary unemployed 21 year old son.

I want to make clear that I am not coming at this with the mindset that unbanning is to help this site with the knowledge base by bringing back the heavy hitters. I am sure it looks that way, but that is not my intention. The site is going to be what it is, and I am content with that. Lamont, you are one of those heavy hitters, and I am glad that you still hang around and that you're still willing to engage in constructive dialog with us. Your points are well taken, and your contributions are valued.

Anyone who wants to come back, is welcome, and anyone who doesn't remains respected. There is freedom in forgiveness, and hate gets no one anywhere, and never has, all throughout human history. And I can only control me, at the end of the day. Really, that's all any of us can do. What kind of man am I, and to what extent to I fall short of who I -should- be?

Later I want to give you a stark example of the kind of man I want to be, and it involves Heckler & Koch.

I will leave it at that for now.

Off to a doctor appointment for mom.

Lamont

Staff member
I'll try to be brief.

It became something else while you were gone. There is no undoing all that now, unless you have a time machine.

It might be less a thing of wanting you around as thinking maybe you should be spending your time elsewhere, either doing damage control or putting that puppy to sleep. I've never met you and you've never pissed me off so I don't presently have an opinion on this, past that observation.

My mother taught me when my age was measured in single digits that if I ever wound up in front of a Judge, "Ignorance of the Law" would not be accepted as an excuse. It's the same.

You say the site was "your baby". Well, when you leave your girl on the street corner for 10 years, she's not going to be yours when you come back. It's just the way it is. Others will have had their way with her. She'll know tricks you didn't teach her. Have mileage you didn't put there. She's still her......but not the same. And you can't go back. Not ever, no matter how desperately you wish it. Don't ask me how I know.

I do believe I know where you are coming from in certain wise. We all have points in our lives where we re-evaluate or have things to deal with. It often involves aging, divorce, ill health, the death of loved ones. "Desperate disappointment". Remember that stress is cumulative. We should all be as understanding as we can be of this, and if it has not yet been our turn, "have patience". Afterwards we tend to have more of it. "Tend".

It's a world of stark examples right at the moment, so you'll have to "dress to impress"....... ;-)

Propel

It is nice to see some familiar faces around here. I did not follow all the drama that led to what has happened but it is nice to know there is another place for HK info. Cheers everyone!

AGG

Staff member
I was not involved in TooSixy's issues, but I was the one who pulled the trigger on Tony. I privately apologized to him this morning, and I joined Proshop specfically under this username. I don't even remember the particulars from when I pulled the trigger, but that tells me it wasn't an adequate reason alone. He says I am welcome by him, and possibly not by others. That's fair. I don't have a ton of time to spend here or there, but I do what I can with my ailing elderly mother and hopelessly sedentary unemployed 21 year old son.

Tom,

For me, I currently have no ill feelings about your banning me--- been so since about November, 2020. ;)
Sure, I was pretty upset for a month, since I thought that my contributions were worthwhile, but then we started this site--- I am all better. :giggle:

Tony

AGG

Staff member
It is nice to see some familiar faces around here. I did not follow all the drama that led to what has happened but it is nice to know there is another place for HK info. Cheers everyone!

I know you--- welcome to the site. ;)

Tony

Lamont

Staff member
Tom,

For me, I currently have no ill feelings about your banning me--- been so since about November, 2020. ;)
Sure, I was pretty upset for a month, since I thought that my contributions were worthwhile, but then we started this site--- I am all better. :giggle:

Tony
It's said that "Living well is the best revenge".......and by that classic standard, Tony goes from being banned to being where he is now. Probably not possible to improve on that unless he won the lottery too. There's a lesson there. For everyone. Something about not accepting things that should not be accepted, and how things can work out for you if you have the courage not to. This is a really good example of that actually. To steal a lefty commie pinko slogan, "Be the change you want to see".

It appears we are not as well known as we should be. "Inertia". That should change. Spread the good word, people.....

imacad

Finally get in on the drama... It'll be like reading some romance novel on HKP.. :ROFLMAO: found the link

This would be me:
We have members trying to do ambitious things. One is trying to bring in highly desirable imported pistols to American enthusiasts at non-AU prices. He is now a supporting vendor.

Well... that was interesting read. That guy RoofK is still bitter about required to setup a vendor account. :LOL: www.moveon.org

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.