What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disassociation with HKP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad4065

Apparently I'm not allowed to ask "why?"
If he wants to determine fraud or if I'm the same vendor on HKPro but a simple threat I don't deal with.
I have very little invested over here and will happily conduct business there only.
View attachment 7545
OK.......Dude.

Stop getting your panties in a bunch. Simple question(s) from a guy @Lamont that has a vested interest in this site,
and {if I had to guess} may have been down this road before with MW scam that took YEARS to bring a resolution.

I was in for a few, but if you're going to skirt simple questions, "claim" you can bring this in, with everyone's money up front, stay over there.

I for one have been scammed before, and if you can't see that these guys are just looking out for everyone's interest....you be you.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!

Guyanaman1963

OK.......Dude.

Stop getting your panties in a bunch. Simple question(s) from a guy @Lamont that has a vested interest in this site,
and {if I had to guess} may have been down this road before with MW scam that took YEARS to bring a resolution.

I was in for a few, but if you're going to skirt simple questions, "claim" you can bring this in, with everyone's money up front, stay over there.

I for one have been scammed before, and if you can't see that these guys are just looking out for everyone's interest....you be you.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!
Well said. I think he’s a nice guy and all, but like I said to him…. Maybe he is taking it personally.
i can’t blame @Lamont for wanting assurances for the members here. In fact, I greatly appreciate it.
oh well… let’s end this bullcrap drama and move on…

in other news…. Anyone see that Bennelli M1 on GB? Great starting bid!!!!
M.

Brad4065

Well said. I think he’s a nice guy and all, but like I said to him…. Maybe he is taking it personally.
i can’t blame @Lamont for wanting assurances for the members here. In fact, I greatly appreciate it.
oh well… let’s end this bullcrap drama and move on…

in other news…. Anyone see that Bennelli M1 on GB? Great starting bid!!!!
M.
I seant it. Sexy Bit$h too!!!!!!!!!!!

ghoulardi

let me help you guys out, the sure-fire way not to get scammed;

1) never pre-pay for "vaporware". if they don't have it ready to ship don't even think of "buying" it.

2) always pay with a unsecure credit card, not a debit card that is tied into your bank account. that way YOUR MONEY IS NEVER AT RISK, it's the CC money that is at risk. so if things do go south and you don't receive what the CC money bought, you just contact your finically institution that issued that CC and they will be more then happy to get the CC's money back, by doing a charge back.

you'll just be out of some time, not $$$$$$

3) if a place doesn't accept CC, then move along

if you chose to pay with anything else, ie. money order, online payment...........then don't send more then can afford to lose

you're welcome, glad to have been of help :)

Last edited:

Lamont

Staff member
.......... if you're going to skirt simple questions, "claim" you can bring this in, with everyone's money up front, stay over there.

It can't be seen now of course, but recall that the 1st post stated that "he and his importer had requested to bring in the following models". That's not how it works. You don't call up Imports Branch, or write them a letter, saying "I'd like to bring in these models, mother may I?" Imports Branch will NOT answer such questions, Tech Branch prohibits it (much sense as it would make to just answer the question) because THEY determine importability by issuing a "conditional" approval, the condition being that the gun when imported goes from Customs to Tech Branch. If they determine that it meets "sporting purpose", then you get your gun back. There is a Tech Branch person sitting right there in the Imports Branch office that looks at all Form 6 and tells them which Form 6 to flag for a "conditional" approval.

As well, anyone can see by looking at a Form 6 that there is a spot there for serial numbers. Send one in without that stuff filled in and it will not be approved. Likewise we are about a decade down the road from the point where it did not really matter what the serial was on a Form 6, if the gun imported was different then the Form 6A was used to correct that. ATF was good with that, it cut down on their paperwork and as long as the 6A reflected a completed and accurate record of what had actually been imported (still it's purpose) then it was all good. An approved Form 6 with any serial on it was good for any other quantity of that exact model of any serial number until the permit expired. But back in the 2010-2012 time frame ATF asked BAFA (German Export Authority) not to any longer approve exports if the serial's weren't a match. So they couldn't even have done that.

Bottom line, you don't "request to bring in the following models". You do, but with a serial number for each one of each model that you are requesting. Meaning you have to have legal ownership and control of those weapons, in Germany, before you apply for the Form 6, or how would you know those serial numbers? We have seen what happens when that is not the case and money is being collected up front.

This was not a "Group Buy" at all, it was "Customer Financed Commerce", AKA "we use your money to make us money".

Brad4065

let me help you guys out, the sure-fire way not to get scammed;

1) never pre-pay for "vaporware". if they don't have it ready to ship don't even think of "buying" it.

2) always pay with a unsecure credit card, not a debit card that is tied into your bank account. that way YOUR MONEY IS NEVER AT RISK, it's the CC money that is at risk. so if things do go south and you don't receive what the CC money bought, you just contact your finically institution that issued that CC and they will be more then happy to get the CC's money back, by doing a charge back.

you'll just be out of some time, not $$$$$$

3) if a place doesn't accept CC, then move along

if you chose to pay with anything else, ie. money order, online payment...........then don't send more then can afford to lose

you're welcome, glad to have been of help :)
So what I hear you saying is, and correct me if I'm wrong;

Brad......pay ONLY WITH CASH, and mail it in to a P.O. box?????

Got it.

Heckler

Contributing member
Him asking why you wanted to know who his importer is isn’t necessarily flippant or obfuscatory, rude or shady. I don’t blame him for taking his ball and going home after the tone of the PM he received back. A simple “I want to make sure this gb is legit” would have probably garnered a different response.

Lamont

Staff member
Him asking why you wanted to know who his importer is isn’t necessarily flippant or obfuscatory, rude or shady. I don’t blame him for taking his ball and going home after the tone of the PM he received back. A simple “I want to make sure this gb is legit” would have probably garnered a different response.
Who are you, his lawyer?

It's our house, counselor. He tried to set up a group buy for guns he doesn't even possess, he's not the importer, or even "an" Importer. "All the money up front". The same thing that got the other site you're a member of in so much trouble. And then he wants to know why I want to know. Like I have no right to a simple and direct answer if he doesn't want to give it. And technically he's right, if he doesn't care how it goes after that. Like if you were in my house and I asked you to go back to the front door and take your shoes off. "Why". LOL. I will ask him any way I please under such circumstances. I didn't want any response at all other than the answer to the question I asked, and he thought he was going to play coy.

While your opinion is "interesting", I didn't ask him anything about "I want to make sure this GB is legit" because it wasn't the fucking question I wanted an answer to.

Additionally, your attempted analogy about him taking his ball and going home is inaccurate, he doesn't HAVE a ball, HE and a buddy he didn't want to name wanted to play HIS game with OUR ball while pretending it was theirs. Nope.

I'll tell you this, any idea that he's doing anyone any kind of favor with his Merkle Weight GB is um, not really accurate. The last quote I got from Thomas Merkle was 1.791, Euro for 10 of them. 10% discount from 1.990, for buying 10. This was 2019 before COVID, but even if he wants 20 of each type for an order now, I imagine the price isn't that much different, maybe even less if you're buying 40 of them, no? So basically he's doubling his money at a minimum. Hands up, everyone who thinks you were ever gonna get any of these guns for a "less than Importer" price.....You buy direct from an Importer, you pay the Importer. Here you were going to have to pay two, "Imacad", the Importer, and........No wait, three......

They need a German H&K dealer who doesn't mind his serial numbers for new guns like those P8A1's showing up here in the States. HK Oberndorf doesn't care about P9/P7 series or other "Legacy" used guns that are out of production. What they do care about is what they consider to be "Gray Market", namely export of guns from Germany of models that they have chosen not to offer here through HK-USA. Like P8A1. My understanding of it is that the moment HK Oberndorf see's serial numbered proof that a German dealer is reselling multiples direct to an American importer, that German H&K dealer will no longer be one. So I guess that also means they need a German H&K dealer who is greedy or stupid or both. Again, not a great dynamic for predicting success of this "v2.0" over on the other site, Marc had major issues with exactly this class of German gun dealer and wound up in court with them. "Lost". Volker Bock offered me a half dozen SFP9 that were sitting on his shelf that he had retained because Marc owed him money. Germany is not the place you want to be in court unless you have friends there who are also lawyers, AND you are demonstrably in the right to begin with.

You and others keep bringing this up at his behest (or not) , you're going to talk me into just buying 40 myself and handing them out at cost to HKProShop members. Everyone except you of course. I make enough off guns that I could afford to do that simply for the purpose of "making things go the way they should". It's a big part of why this site exists, why would I not welcome an opportunity to demonstrate that at someone's expense if that someone won't take the hint? The best lessons taught have a victim that no one really sympathizes with.......

Last edited:

Heckler

Contributing member
Who are you, his lawyer?

It's our house, counselor. He tried to set up a group buy for guns he doesn't even possess, he's not the importer, or even "an" Importer. "All the money up front". The same thing that got the other site you're a member of in so much trouble. And then he wants to know why I want to know. Like I have no right to a simple and direct answer if he doesn't want to give it. And technically he's right, if he doesn't care how it goes after that. Like if you were in my house and I asked you to go back to the front door and take your shoes off. "Why". LOL. I will ask him any way I please under such circumstances. I didn't want any response at all other than the answer to the question I asked, and he thought he was going to play coy.

While your opinion is "interesting", I didn't ask him anything about "I want to make sure this GB is legit" because it wasn't the fucking question I wanted an answer to.

Additionally, your attempted analogy about him taking his ball and going home is inaccurate, he doesn't HAVE a ball, HE and a buddy he didn't want to name wanted to play HIS game with OUR ball while pretending it was theirs. Nope.

I'll tell you this, any idea that he's doing anyone any kind of favor with his Merkle Weight GB is um, not really accurate. The last quote I got from Thomas Merkle was 1.791, Euro for 10 of them. 10% discount from 1.990, for buying 10. This was 2019 before COVID, but even if he wants 20 of each type for an order now, I imagine the price isn't that much different, maybe even less if you're buying 40 of them, no? So basically he's doubling his money at a minimum. Hands up, everyone who thinks you were ever gonna get any of these guns for a "less than Importer" price.....You buy direct from an Importer, you pay the Importer. Here you were going to have to pay two, "Imacad", the Importer, and........No wait, three......

They need a German H&K dealer who doesn't mind his serial numbers for new guns like those P8A1's showing up here in the States. HK Oberndorf doesn't care about P9/P7 series or other "Legacy" used guns that are out of production. What they do care about is what they consider to be "Gray Market", namely export of guns from Germany of models that they have chosen not to offer here through HK-USA. Like P8A1. My understanding of it is that the moment HK Oberndorf see's serial numbered proof that a German dealer is reselling multiples direct to an American importer, that German H&K dealer will no longer be one. So I guess that also means they need a German H&K dealer who is greedy or stupid or both. Again, not a great dynamic for predicting success of this "v2.0" over on the other site, Marc had major issues with exactly this class of German gun dealer and wound up in court with them. "Lost". Volker Bock offered me a half dozen SFP9 that were sitting on his shelf that he had retained because Marc owed him money. Germany is not the place you want to be in court unless you have friends there who are also lawyers, AND you are demonstrably in the right to begin with.

You and others keep bringing this up at his behest (or not) , you're going to talk me into just buying 40 myself and handing them out at cost to HKProShop members. Everyone except you of course. I make enough off guns that I could afford to do that simply for the purpose of "making things go the way they should". It's a big part of why this site exists, why would I not welcome an opportunity to demonstrate that at someone's expense if that someone won't take the hint? The best lessons taught have a victim that no one really sympathizes with.......

I didn’t read your novella past the emotional, insulting first few lines and the strangeness about “group buys for guns he doesn’t possess,” but at a glance it looks like the same rambling invocation of some other group buy. It doesn’t explain the aggressive reaction to not having your demand for the importer’s name answered immediately and without question.

Many of the people on this site are here because of how the moderators on that other site acted. It’s not a good look for you or HKPS, to the extent you represent it.

Now do I get banned for this, capping off the irony of this whole situation, in this particular thread of all threads, so nicely? For trying to offer perspective?

Last edited:

Lamont

Staff member
I didn’t read your novella past the emotional, insulting first few lines and the strangeness about “group buys for guns he doesn’t possess,” but at a glance it looks like the same rambling invocation of some other group buy. It doesn’t explain the aggressive reaction to not having your demand for the importer’s name answered immediately and without question.

Many of the people on this site are here because of how the moderators on that other site acted. It’s not a good look for you or HKPS, to the extent you represent it.

Now do I get banned for this, capping off the irony of this whole situation, in this particular thread of all threads, so nicely? For trying to offer perspective?

No, I have another idea I like better, so......I alluded to it yesterday, but the more I think about it......

I dialed up Tim Merkle and placed an order for 40 weights, 20 of each. They will be sold at cost to HKProShop members who are members as of the time/date of this post and own one or both of those pistols, limit one each, of each. At Cost.

I'm sure Imacad will thank you for your support. Since you don't want to listen to me when I tell you it's done, maybe you'll listen to him.

What else does he sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.