What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Even at the height of the 2020 Panic after Biden.... you can still get a VP70Z at a good price.

Miami_JBT

With the panic in full swing. I was able to get a quality German made Polymer Frame High Capacity 9mm pistol and I was able to get them to lower the price from a $450 striker without tax and background fee to $370, out the door that is $400 even.

What pray tell did I get and how is it in such a panic buying season? A Heckler & Koch of course! But not just any HK pistol.... no, no, no, my friends. I went all out and got the super fancy one with the combat sights and 18rd magazines.

Yeah, they had this poor lonely HK just sitting under the glass forever. People have been snagging GLOCKs, SIG P320s, Berettas 92s, S&W M&Ps, etc.... but for some reason, this quality HK just languished under the glass. Alone and forgotten; I just can't see why someone would not purchase such a piece during the Great 2020 Panic. Anyways, here it is....

5ARwn2J.jpg

Yeah, it is a VZ70z, one of the Wunderwaffens from those whacky Germans. Sadly this one was skipped and never imbued with teutonic space magic. But it is a curiosity and a historical relic. It was the first mass produced and commercial available polymer framed handgun.

Here it is with my other HK pistols.

CmPKcJh.jpg

Yes, the trigger is still bad. But, I got a new striker spring coming from Wolff that might make it a little better. It isn't like I'm never going to have this as a duty or carry piece. It is strictly a range toy. It came with a extra 18rd mag and I found two more online for a cheap price.

Mine was made in 1984 according to the production date code. Here are some period ads of the thing.

h3E11Ep.jpg

ojm0ESf.jpg

rk2QUKy.jpg

Hard to believe that HK had them in production from 1970 to 1989. The VP70z and even the VP70m was a commercial flop. But amazing that HK supported such a product that long. According to my research, Paraguay is the only place on the planet that purchase the semi-auto only VP70z for duty use. All the other government contracts for this gun were for the three round burst capable VP70m with the OEM shoulder stock that made it go faster.

AGG

Staff member
Im still looking for one of the 400? made in 9X21.

93001-93400 (usually marked "CAT. 5840" on the right slide, centered below and left of the ejection port). :)
Keep a watch at Keystone. ;)

Tony

Last edited:

Miami_JBT

sCxgmMG.jpg

dfAlagG.jpg

I can now carry this museum antique as a CCW piece. I might even take it to my agency's qual for the off duty qual.

Manofdusk

I picked up a VP70Z back in April of this year (2021). It is in pristine condition and looks to have been carried and fired very little. It came with no factory box and only 1 spare magazine. I picked up 2 more spare factory mags off of gunbroker for $40.00 each. I just now ordered the recommended trigger spring from Wolf Gun Springs.
I'm very satisfied with my purchase and wish I would have picked one up when they we selling for under $400. I paid $705.00 plus shipping for mine. Now I see them selling for over a thousand bucks on gunbroker!
This photo is the actual piece I picked up.
8506B3B0-94D6-4F6B-B1C0-6268D13D8A0C.jpeg

AGG

Staff member
I picked up a VP70Z back in April of this year (2021). It is in pristine condition and looks to have been carried and fired very little. It came with no factory box and only 1 spare magazine. I picked up 2 more spare factory mags off of gunbroker for $40.00 each. I just now ordered the recommended trigger spring from Wolf Gun Springs.
I'm very satisfied with my purchase and wish I would have picked one up when they we selling for under $400. I paid $705.00 plus shipping for mine. Now I see them selling for over a thousand bucks on gunbroker!

Very nice--- you still need a Mark 23. ;)

Tony

Guyanaman1963

View attachment 3952
I like the VP70z even though it doesnt get much love from the rest of the HK lovers! I think its the coolest thing since it was the Polymer hand gun made. I also think it looks like something right out of Start Trek!!!
Congratulations… it looks to be in great condition!
M.