What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flush mag base plate

Deputydave

All my HK mags have the pinky extension. I noticed that this occasionally catches on my shirt when pulling it up to practice drawing from my OWB holster. Decided to try the flush (standard) base plate. Found one for $3 so I ordered it. I'm thinking this should be a bit better for drawing from concealment.

Anyone else use this type of base plate?

AGG

Staff member
All my HK mags have the pinky extension. I noticed that this occasionally catches on my shirt when pulling it up to practice drawing from my OWB holster. Decided to try the flush (standard) base plate. Found one for $3 so I ordered it. I'm thinking this should be a bit better for drawing from concealment.

Anyone else use this type of base plate?

The only type that I use. :)
They are usually nowhere to be found--- you were fortunate. ;)

Tony

Deputydave

It did take a bit of googlefu. Mostly they were around $7 but I found them HERE. Only ordered one as I figured that would go on the mag in the pistol. The spares are fine as-is. Ordered last night and it's already shipped so happy with the service so far.

HK12Step

I like the flat floorplates. I have a some range mags with the pinky as well but the majority have been swapped out and always carry the flat. Next to adding a 45c magazine release to the pistols that need it, it is really the only other mod I make. And if I ever need/want to switch back, it would take longer to retrieve one out of the parts tub than to swap it out.

AGG

Staff member
It did take a bit of googlefu. Mostly they were around $7 but I found them HERE. Only ordered one as I figured that would go on the mag in the pistol. The spares are fine as-is. Ordered last night and it's already shipped so happy with the service so far.

Try to find them for .45 ACP--- though I stopped looking. ;)

Tony

Deputydave

Arrived in the mail today. Easy switch (love HK base plates!) Still provides a solid 3-finger grip and lessens the chance to snag on clothing. :)

Yay me ;)

Pavia

Flat base pads and night sights are mandatory for me on the HK pistols I EDC. Good score.

For some reason on the USPc45 it seems to “shrink” the pistol above and beyond just the base plate.

ca survivor

I use the flat on the carry weapon, USPc have a few, HK .45C have only a couple have to which to rotate to fresh mags, and P-2000 or P2000SK have a few on those.

Deputydave

Bought another flush base plate, this one for my P2000. I'm liking them quite a bit. The others with the pinky extensions are fine for the spare mags.

Hk-USPC-40

Deputydave did the new flat floor plates come with the Hk logo or the Tactical Blank Rectangle
I now only carry with the flat plates because they are smaller & less likely to snag or dig into you're kidney
Have one ten round flat plate too.. Shown from the side in post #6
The 2nd one in this tiny picture with Hk & doesn't protrude any at all, Almost like these where designed to fit the pistol during the AWB
Magazines II.jpg
I'll let you know on the Hk45C magazine release SOON!!
Gary/Hk

Hk-USPC-40

NOTE: How even the Flat 12 Round Magazines Protrude 2-3mms
Pair of Heckler & Kochs.JPG
Man these are sure some Bad @$$ Pistols
I read stories where guys say "This was my 1st Pistol"
Mine was an Tanfoglio FIE Titan II 22lr POS Model & You Know What That Means
Soon replaced by a S&W Model 60 38 Spl.

Deputydave

Deputydave did the new flat floor plates come with the Hk logo or the Tactical Blank Rectangle

The say USP on the bottom. No HK and no blank rectangle. Slide on without issue, like them quite a bit.