What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

G3, what do I have.

johnbhm

I picked this up years ago after my oldest son told me I should have one. I know the history and the mechanics of these rifles but what I don't know is how this particular example came to be. I plan on keeping it and adding an optic but I will get back to that at a later date. For now I am looking to get some honest opinions on the rifle. Thank's, John.IMG_20220522_173034609.jpgIMG_20220522_170954225.jpgIMG_20220522_171009037.jpgIMG_20220522_164112214.jpgIMG_20220522_164647265.jpgimage (3).jpgimage (1).jpgimage (2).jpg

HKshooter

Century Arms made G3 using mixed kit parts and original surplus barrel on a cast stainless steel receiver. One of Century's best made rifles by most accounts. Nothing collectable or rare about it but there weren't many of the receivers made. The Century made CETME C rifles made on these receivers were among the best CETME C build available at the time.

Manofdusk

I picked this up years ago after my oldest son told me I should have one. I know the history and the mechanics of these rifles but what I don't know is how this particular example came to be. I plan on keeping it and adding an optic but I will get back to that at a later date. For now I am looking to get some honest opinions on the rifle. Thank's, John.View attachment 8133View attachment 8134View attachment 8135View attachment 8136View attachment 8137View attachment 8138View attachment 8139View attachment 8140

This is my version of the Century Arms CAI3 with stainless cast receiver. I installed a custom made Douglas Air Gauge 21” fluted Barrel and a custom front hand guard.
It’s by far the most accurate HK rifle in my inventory.

Hang on to yours, there are not many of these around.
2D1D3FBD-5BBF-4809-8CCC-DB94DC9B32FD.jpeg

AGG

Staff member
Very nice rifle. :)
If I recall correctly, these cast stainless steel receivers were made by Special Weapons, and are thicker (i.e., an A3 stock will not fit). :unsure:
Not many--- I have seen B00018 through B00954. :giggle:
The bolt carrier and bolt head are Pakistan Ordnance Factories parts. ;)

Tony

ghoulardi

if a G3 surplus stock fits on the receiver then a A3 stock will also fit.

the thing that doesn't quite fit is a "claw" mount, not without hacking on the legs due to the receiver being thick, and I wasn't going to do that on an expensive scope mount.

the only mount that will fit when I bought mine, without resorting to hacking on the mount, is the B&T low profile mount. which is how I scoped mine :)

scoped-91.jpg

someone replaced the barrel on yours, those as well as CETME rifles CENTURY made during the ban had brakes permanently attached on the end of the barrel, not flash hiders

HK91-WITH-100-ROUND-DRUM.jpg

Last edited:

johnbhm

Thank's everyone, that's what I was looking for.
Very nice rifle. :)
If I recall correctly, these cast stainless steel receivers were made by Special Weapons, and are thicker (i.e., an A3 stock will not fit). :unsure:
Not many--- I have seen B00018 through B00954. :giggle:
The bolt carrier and bolt head are Pakistan Ordnance Factories parts. ;)

Tony
I had never looked at the serial # but this doesn't look good. IMG_20220523_171840361.jpgI think it was B00057 or 67 before it got overstamped.

johnbhm

the thing that doesn't quite fit is a "claw" mount, not without hacking on the legs due to the receiver being thick, and I wasn't going to do that on an expensive scope mount.

the only mount that will fit when I bought mine, without resorting to hacking on the mount, is the B&T low profile mount. which is how I scoped mine :)

scoped-91.jpg

someone replaced the barrel on yours, those as well as CETME rifles CENTURY made during the ban had brakes permanently attached on the end of the barrel, not flash hiders

HK91-WITH-100-ROUND-DRUM.jpg
I found signs of where someone removed the fixed muzzle devise.

AGG

Staff member

Where is your easily-fitted, A3 stock? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony

AGG

Staff member
Thank's everyone, that's what I was looking for.

I had never looked at the serial # but this doesn't look good. I think it was B00057 or 67 before it got overstamped.

Appears to be B00067--- within the serial number range. ;)

Tony

johnbhm

This is my version of the Century Arms CAI3 with stainless cast receiver. I installed a custom made Douglas Air Gauge 21” fluted Barrel and a custom front hand guard.
It’s by far the most accurate HK rifle in my inventory.

Hang on to yours, there are not many of these around.
View attachment 8143
What did you use for the scope mount. I had planned to go with an original claw mount and surplus scope but I am thinking to keep it lower profile.