What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from northern MI

Tailflash

Northern Michigan...like up in the 'U-P' (northern) or are you in the north end of Lower MI? Just mess'n with you as my brother lives up in Houghton and they refer to the other half as 'Lower' Michigan. For those who don't know what Upper Peninsula MI is...(Green Bay Packers country)... Welcome to the site.

ENDER

Staff member
Just found out about this forum, not sure why it took so long. Pleased to be here with all of you!

Alex
Welcome Alex. Yeah, Northern Michigan can be somewhat nebulous. @Tailflash - went to school in Houghton (go Huskies). Nice place to visit, but that's about it. :ROFLMAO:

browna7171

Northern Michigan...like up in the 'U-P' (northern) or are you in the north end of Lower MI? Just mess'n with you as my brother lives up in Houghton and they refer to the other half as 'Lower' Michigan. For those who don't know what Upper Peninsula MI is...(Green Bay Packers country)... Welcome to the site.
Nope, I’m a bridge troll- Northern Lower peninsula, traverse city area. Although we are all part of the nebulous “Up North”, the UP has always just been the Yoop to me and my friends. Calling the UP “northern Michigan” implies its like the LP, just a bit further north, when you know as well as I do that the UP is it’s own country that just happens to be claimed by a US state, haha. I love it up there though, I hunt and fish in newberry/two hearted as much as I can. As far as school goes, I spent 8 years as a Spartan- I did love my high school visit to MI tech though! State just had a few more girls, and a stronger academic focus on couch burning. Great to see all the MI representation here though!

Alex

CIH8240

I really like the Traverse City area, I think it’s a great spot to visit!