What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HK G28 T1 Aimpoint Sunshade Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

overkill8000

Contributing member
This post is to shed some light on something going on. I was Overkill8000 on HKpro since 2014 till a few months ago, I was permabanned for posting someone's personal info and arguing with a member who is friends with Tom(8years I had never had a warning or issue previously). All the arguments were resulted from me selling airsoft sunshades on gunbroker as STYLE sunshades (had the same GB name as my HKpro name), After a ton of arguing with various members I conceded to not sell mounts on Gunbroker anymore. That's when I started this project of a REAL era tac mount, but with clone shades (As everyone's hang up was the mount being airsoft grade aluminum) More arguments came later when I wasn't willing to tell people how I did it, and I was charging a lot for my 3 units. After arguments and arguments about the airsoft sunshades not being up to snuff for practical use the first time (when I was selling them as Style sunshades on GB) I decided to try and get a real one. I needed one in black as my G28 is a black version. I started my hunt but quickly realized that a ral8000 one was near impossible much less a black one! So while looking on Euro Optic I saw an era-tac mount for aimpoint T1, but it wasn't threaded on the sides for a sunshades mounting hardware. The style and dimensions looked almost to be exact though. So I had an idea of buying one and tapping it for the Airsoft sunshades. Airsoft sunshades are pure aluminum as they are anodized from VFC (Airsoft company).
7.png
So I bought the mount and when it came in it looked very close to working with the airsoft sunshades! So I sent off the mount to be tapped for the sunshade screws. When the mount came back I put it all together and had hit a snag. The front shade butted up correctly, and it was tight to the aimpoint unit. The rear shade was a different story! The bottom of the sunshade could not get close enough to the mount to be tight. The top of the rear shade was literally rocking back and forth almost a quarter of an inch. That wasn't going to work, as I don't think anyone would want that, plus the noise of it bouncing off the housing.... So I took the bases and the sunshades to a local machinist. He figured out for me to mill the sunshade upper half down, and it would allow the rear sunshade to tuck under and mount up to the base tightly. I was cooking with fire at that point, and sent the sunshades off to be cerakoted black to match close as possible to the factory anodized mount. before and after photos below.
2.jpg1.jpg

So I ended up making 4 total units as I figured id make a couple extra to sell and cover the cost of the whole project. I sold 3 and kept 1 for myself. One of the people I sold one to on gunbroker was Felipe (I wont use his last name) but hes to owner of EliteUAS (mostly sells night vision stuff). He was told via my sale ad that it was a real ERA Tac base, but that the sunshades were clones, but Solid aluminum. That they had been milled to work with the mount. That the mount was tapped and grade 8 hardware was added for attaching the sunshades.

3.png

So today I get a text from a buddy that someone on HK pro is doing exactly what I did, and the rear sunshade in the photo has the indention that mine had to work with the units. (It's my unit) They are using pictures they took of my mount to sell the 80 plus mounts they have one their way. I went over there and checked it out.... this is to be an informative post to anyone interested in one of these mounts. First the mount they are using is not the correct length of the real T1 sunshade mount (it's shorter). Also "PEW Group" will be his vendor for said units, He had "PEW group" copy the black unit sunshades in CAD as they will be making their sunshades in USA. Problem with that is, the black mount is mine and they are Airsoft shades and are not correct to the actual era tac sunshades. So they are producing sunshades based off clone sunshades.....
8.PNG

My main issue with all this, they are taking credit for what I figured out. Also they have posted things in the thread today that are not true. Felipe posted that the units pictured were factory units, here is his picture with my unit on his gun. Note the indention on the sunshade, that's because it had to be milled to work. It's not a factory correct sunshade in other ways too. The curve of the hood, and the mounting holes are wrong. Also I had my sunshades cerakoted and the bases I left factory anodized. Picture below is there picture with my red edits.
9.png

Here are the photos of the guy saying it was a factory unit they based it off of, and that hes all about integrity.
5.png 6.png

To conclude I posted the process and the pictures of what needs to be done for you to make one yourself. Since he took my research and development time and didn't even clear it with me, or give me credit.... I figured id give it away (not that its super complicated anyways)
If you were to do it yourself using airsoft shades with cerakoting you'd be at around 200 bucks, or you can pay him 600. The airsoft shades are 100% aluminum and can be anodized, and since the shades he is having made in America cad work is based of my clone shades both shades are the same. He's also not anodizing them hes cerakoting them as well.

AGG

Staff member
Thanks for the low down--- glad that you are here. :giggle:
More HKP-vendor buffoonery. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That is one of the reasons that there are no vendors here. ;)

Tony

overkill8000

Contributing member
Yea IDC that someone is doing it, it's good for the community to have access to something. It's more the guy acting like he came up with it, not giving me credit, and saying things that arent true. Also it cracks me up the guys in the comment section wanting to buy one are the same guys that were picking fights with me over mine. It's literally my mount he's using and my exact method....

overkill8000

Contributing member
Fake mount? It’s the same mount you just bought 80 of. It’s a era tac mount, your shades are based off mine because that’s the unit you have. Both shades yours and mine are 100% aluminum and not spec to real shades. You’ve been caught lying now too.

3642F825-0B27-433D-8690-727C5AEE7B48.jpeg
2654F8B1-D818-437F-8F49-DF4AC0EEBBA1.png

Last edited:

overkill8000

Contributing member
Also here is my for sale and showing the unit he’s using is my unit. You can clearly see the indention and that the shades are exact. Also the difference in the sunshades vs the base coating.

overkill8000

Contributing member
Also he’s complaining he paid 1000? He choose to, pro price was 800 and he couldn’t wait. The Black unit that he has pictured on his gun is my unit, if it was real it wouldn't have the indention PERIOD. Easy way to prove im lying Felipe post a picture of your black unit front sunshades mounting holes. Make sure to include a piece of paper with your name in the picture.

57898F38-1D0E-45C4-83B6-607EA8E1DBD5.png

Last edited:

overkill8000

Contributing member
See how the real shades sunshades tapper at the bottom and it makes the mounting holes have to be closer together than the airsoft shades. Which mind you there is NOTHING wrong with the airsoft shades, they are 100% aluminum. This is more he made up a story to sell my idea.

1CDEF7F3-41B2-44BD-B473-A19F8043652C.png

8D8FB560-AA34-4164-908D-87439D49F31D.png

Last edited:

overkill8000

Contributing member
being threatened now.... Gave him a way for it to go away and Id apologize.... Also Id take it down if on your for sale post you just give me credit for it. I'm good with you doing it, it's not like its patented. Also you are milling your own sunshades, Im not saying you are using airsoft shades.... What I'm saying is the clone shades are what you based your CAD work off! Only way to get the shades to attach to the shorter era tac mount is the have the indention in the shade. Factory sunshades WILL NOT butt up to the non tapped mount. The non tapped mount is shorter and no sunshades factory or clone will butt up to the base unless the indention is milled into the rear shade(Thats what I figured out). That your black unit that you did your CAD work off is my unit and not a factory eratac mount with factory eratac sunshades.

0.jpg

0.5.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:

Gaygrain

I can’t believe people are lining up on Pro for a $70 dollar mount (I know they paid less seeing as they bought 80 & MSRP is 123). The T2 mount and some fake hoods and charging 600 😂 Absolute retards. Just buy the real thing. So many clowns after this are going to be trying to pass off these as real.“

Eliteuas is a retard too claiming people are spending “thousands” on fake mount. No people aren’t spending thousands. Your dumbass just spend 1k on a 70 dollar mount with some airsoft shades. Pretty sure your listing said they were too.

“These will be exact. I hired one of the best artists in the Firearms industry to get these done correctly from the paint standpoint”. A dude literally stealing the design of another companies product is threatening other people for defamation 😂

Last edited:

overkill8000

Contributing member
I can’t believe people are lining up on Pro for a $70 dollar mount (I know they paid less seeing as they bought 80 & MSRP is 123). The T2 mount and some fake hoods and charging 600 😂 Absolute retards. Just buy the real thing. So many clowns after this are going to be trying to pass off these as real.“

Eliteuas is a retard too claiming people are spending “thousands” on fake mount. No people aren’t spending thousands. Your dumbass just spend 1k on a 90 dollar mount with some airsoft shades. Pretty sure your listing said they were too. “These will be exact. I hired one of the best artists in the Firearms industry to get these done correctly from the paint standpoint”. A dude literally stealing the design on another companies product is threatening other people for defamation 😂
my listing did say the shades were clones and not real eratac, and that they were cerakoted to match.

Gaygrain

my listing did say the shades were clones and not real eratac, and that they were cerakoted to match.
Yeah. And Eliteaus (🤡) bitching about buying clone stuff is making the exact clone stuff to sell for nearly as high 😂.

HKPro is full of idiots. I’ve never seen such a forum full of stupid people & ran by stupid people. Dudes who gouge each other like CTy charging 500% over cost, idiotic admins who posts rules but don’t even know their rules then don’t enforce them for their nursing home companions, dudes who try to flex guns that aren’t theirs & people who got PPP loans calling other people poor like Sextus 😂

overkill8000

Contributing member
I was banned because Sirris went in my for sale post and told some story where he was a bad ass and messaged me on gunbroker about my fake mounts and put me in my place. I proceeded to post the email showing what he really said, and me informing him if he didn't at least pay me for the fees I would report him as a non buyer. He than proceeded to send me 20 dollars via paypal. I posted screen shot and it had his name. I said, "Put me in my place, but then sent me money? you are a clown." Didn't know he was tight with Tom. I got banned, first time ever is 8 years, never had a warning either. My ban was lifted 7 days later, and I was re banned when "members complained" that it wasn't permanent. I then got emails from straight grain saying to sit out for a few months, then to send an apology email begging to come back and promising to never do anything bad again, and apologizing to members I offended and maybe I'd get my account back...

Gaygrain

I was banned because Sirris went in my for sale post and told some story where he was a bad ass and messaged me on gunbroker about my fake mounts and put me in my place. I proceeded to post the email showing what he really said, and me informing him if he didn't at least pay me for the fees I would report him as a non buyer. He than proceeded to send me 20 dollars via paypal. I posted screen shot and it had his name. I said, "Put me in my place, but then sent me money? you are a clown." Didn't know he was tight with Tom. I got banned, first time ever is 8 years, never had a warning either. My ban was lifted 7 days later, and I was re banned when "members complained" that it wasn't permanent. I then got emails from straight grain saying to sit out for a few months, then to send an apology email begging to come back and promising to never do anything bad again, and apologizing to members I offended and maybe I'd get my account back...
All you need to do if you care enough is make another account. It’s easy. I’ve got like 10 of them over there 😂

overkill8000

Contributing member
I got a best friend with an account, only use him to buy stuff I need from their market place. Before I was banned I was one of the top 3 posters for months, I dont even post much..... Not missing anything not being there, marketplace is still accessible to me via a buddy. He buys and I just pay him, it works. That was my main hang up being banned cause I buy and sell a lot cause I'm fickle, But i just sell on GB only now (LESS DRAMA)

overkill8000

Contributing member
Yeah. And Eliteaus (🤡) bitching about buying clone stuff is making the exact clone stuff to sell for nearly as high 😂.

HKPro is full of idiots. I’ve never seen such a forum full of stupid people & ran by stupid people. Dudes who gouge each other like CTy charging 500% over cost, idiotic admins who posts rules but don’t even know their rules then don’t enforce them for their nursing home companions, dudes who try to flex guns that aren’t theirs & people who got PPP loans calling other people poor like Sextus 😂
you know its funny, When I had the mounts up for sale for 800 on pro, Sextus was one of the ones in my inbox wanting one for 300. I told him I had around 200 in each one and would do $600. He literally scoffed at the price and said no thank you. He's in the comment section on this thing, looking at MY UNIT(My exact unit I sold the guy) begging to buy two at 600 each.... it's literally going to be the exact thing I did except his sunshades are milled locally from scratch, BUT based off my airsoft shades..... whats PPP loan?

Last edited:

Gaygrain

you know its funny, When I had the mounts up for sale for 800 on pro, Sextus was one of the ones in my inbox wanting one for 300. I told him I had around 200 in each one and would do $600. He literally scoffed at the price and said no thank you. He's in the comment section on this thing, looking at MY UNIT(My exact unit I sold the guy) begging to buy two at 600 each.... it's literally going to be the exact thing I did except his sunshades are milled locally from scratch, BUT based off my airsoft shades..... whats PPP loan?
If you Google his “business” it comes up with his address, name, phone and the amount he received during Covid. A 1 man business who got a loan from the government because he was affected by Covid 😂. At the same time he got money from the gov, he’s on Pro buying/selling/trading guns while also telling people not to be poor. Absolute clown. He was trying to do the same thing as you on Facebook with these mounts. It’s amazing what you see people try to show off on social media

Sextus

If you Google his “business” it comes up with his address, name, phone and the amount he received during Covid. A 1 man business who got a loan from the government because he was affected by Covid 😂. At the same time he got money from the gov, he’s on Pro buying/selling/trading guns while also telling people not to be poor. Absolute clown. He was trying to do the same thing as you on Facebook with these mounts. It’s amazing what you see people try to show off on social media

Hey buddy, looks like you’re pretty sour you missed out on free .gov $ also, please look at the amount forgiven, yep $3k wasn’t an asshole who asked for 10s of thousands, just a few bucks to throw in to some projects I was working on.

@overkill8000 Yes, I’m buying 2 @ $600 because I don’t want to go through the hassle of doing this again. I made my units and sold them for some $. Finding eratac mounts is a no go at the moment. Yes, I turned down your offer @ $600 a year ago, but times change and money flows. I have some $ to spend and I have projects that I’d like a mount on. if I could go back, I would’ve bought one from you but it is what it is. If I offended you, I’m sorry and ask your forgiveness. You and I never had bad blood and have done business together previously.

Overkill, im sorry that Felipe is treating you poorly considering the receipts you have, but i don’t see the point of this entire thread. He’s doing the same you did but at scale. Now if he doesn’t “cad design” and just ends up making copies of the fakes then you will have the right to make us all eat crow.

Now, if you’d like to bitch about shitty forum etiquette I point to this thread directly where people are who have no business being sour are talking trash about others @Gaygrain pot meet kettle.

overkill8000

Contributing member
read is verbiage…. It’s very important. He’s leaving windows open all over for denying later.

“authentic to MY knowledge” “I’d take pictures but I don’t have the unit” couldn’t just email the machinist? “To spec of the sample I HAVE”
71E303FC-F074-4D48-841E-AA2BDA98C976.jpeg
104856F0-507C-44F0-9E16-FCBB0C7CF8BF.jpeg
13DEC95F-71CB-4C7F-944F-91589496AE37.jpeg

overkill8000

Contributing member
Hey buddy, looks like you’re pretty sour you missed out on free .gov $ also, please look at the amount forgiven, yep $3k wasn’t an asshole who asked for 10s of thousands, just a few bucks to throw in to some projects I was working on.

@overkill8000 Yes, I’m buying 2 @ $600 because I don’t want to go through the hassle of doing this again. I made my units and sold them for some $. Finding eratac mounts is a no go at the moment. Yes, I turned down your offer @ $600 a year ago, but times change and money flows. I have some $ to spend and I have projects that I’d like a mount on. if I could go back, I would’ve bought one from you but it is what it is. If I offended you, I’m sorry and ask your forgiveness. You and I never had bad blood and have done business together previously.

Overkill, im sorry that Felipe is treating you poorly considering the receipts you have, but i don’t see the point of this entire thread. He’s doing the same you did but at scale. Now if he doesn’t “cad design” and just ends up making copies of the fakes then you will have the right to make us all eat crow.

Now, if you’d like to bitch about shitty forum etiquette I point to this thread directly where people are who have no business being sour are talking trash about others @Gaygrain pot meet kettle.
He’s using my unit to sell his units. It’s more he posted a bunch of fluff and half of it wasn’t true. Just want to right the wrong. If he would have messaged me and just gave me a heads up he was going to use my mount to sell his and not even make his own first. Would have been fine, but you can clearly see where he’s been caught miss leading people. He saying his mount he copied is a real deal. You can clearly see the notch in the rear sunshade. You can clearly see the base is anodized and the shades are cerakoted. It’s my mount, he just doesn’t want to admit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.