What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITAR VP9 panel question.

TheJerkman

As the title suggests I figured maybe someone on here may be able to help. I have a potential customer than was looking to have me make some grips for him. No problem I can definitely do that but the catch is he lives in France. My question was would my gripwork be subject to ITAR for a set of VP9 panels? Or are they exportable without any special requirements?

Thanks,

Jeff "The Jerkman"

Last edited:

TheJerkman

Nevermind got my answer on that other forum. Seems the headaches and costs involved to get proper registration to be able to export things is going to be too cost prohibitive and not at all worth it.

AGG

Staff member
Nevermind got my answer on that other forum. Seems the headaches and costs involved to get proper registration to be able to export things is going to be too cost prohibitive and not at all worth it.

Tell us the answer. :)

Tony

TheJerkman

Tell us the answer. :)

Tony
Ok fine if you must twist my arm. "
Those are not specifically ITAR (State Department) items, but fall under the Export Administration Regulations of the Department of Commerce. “Rubber grips for handguns” and other similar accessories are on the Commerce Control List.

“The Department of Commerce regulates the export of firearms and parts not covered by Category I under 15 CFR Parts 730-799. You will have to apply to the Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security for a license to export firearms accessories.”

Honestly, the regulatory structure is a real bear trap in a bear trap, and I would not consider selling anything firearms related at all to anyone outside the USA."

So seems would require a few grand spent on registering as an exporter and then probably a lot on lawyers to help figure out how to navigate the ins and outs of trying to export anything. And then finally if something was done improperly the fines are astronomical. I'd have to charge $20k per set to make all those hoops worthwhile lol

AGG

Staff member
Ok fine if you must twist my arm. "
Those are not specifically ITAR (State Department) items, but fall under the Export Administration Regulations of the Department of Commerce. “Rubber grips for handguns” and other similar accessories are on the Commerce Control List.

“The Department of Commerce regulates the export of firearms and parts not covered by Category I under 15 CFR Parts 730-799. You will have to apply to the Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security for a license to export firearms accessories.”

Honestly, the regulatory structure is a real bear trap in a bear trap, and I would not consider selling anything firearms related at all to anyone outside the USA."

So seems would require a few grand spent on registering as an exporter and then probably a lot on lawyers to help figure out how to navigate the ins and outs of trying to export anything. And then finally if something was done improperly the fines are astronomical. I'd have to charge $20k per set to make all those hoops worthwhile lol

Thanks--- all for a pair of grips. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony

TheJerkman

Thanks--- all for a pair of grips. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony
Exactly! Something so silly seriously these rules are totally whacky. Well unfortunately to anyone reading this thread sorry but if you aren't having them sent to a USA address no can do.

AGG

Staff member
Exactly! Something so silly seriously these rules are totally whacky. Well unfortunately to anyone reading this thread sorry but if you aren't having them sent to a USA address no can do.

All about CONTROL/POWER. 😈👁️🌐
Now return to your sector with identification. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony