What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest Stryker 51 build fitted up

NorincoKid

Do you modify the bolt carrier and/or cocking support? Or buy a 51 carrier?

I've been sitting on a CETME kit and a 51 barrel but looking at the price added to buy a 51 carrier and the weird collapsing recoil assembly I think thats needed kinda kills the fun of a $99 CETME kit :(

Manofdusk

Do you modify the bolt carrier and/or cocking support? Or buy a 51 carrier?

I've been sitting on a CETME kit and a 51 barrel but looking at the price added to buy a 51 carrier and the weird collapsing recoil assembly I think thats needed kinda kills the fun of a $99 CETME kit :(
I cut and reweld the Cetme bolt carrier down to work as a 51 carrier. I also cut the recoil assembly down so that it works with the new Stryker 51 bolt carrier. I then modify an HK 33 cocking support to fit and use an HK Parts 51 cocking tube. I do not use a collapsable recoil rod. I build mine similar to the way Vollmer built theirs.

Last edited:

NorincoKid

Out of curiousity, how far off is the HK51 carrier from an HK33 carrier?

I see these at RTGParts...

Could one, in theory, cut the tube portion of the CETME carrier off and replace it with one of these? Might be easier?

I'm really torn on trying to do a 51 build like these, or just selling that 51 barrel and getting a regular barrel.

I actually think I have a HK33 support kicking around here somewhere too...

Manofdusk

I'll post some comparison pics of my Stryker 51 bolt carrier group when I get back to the shop. It's actually pretty simple, it just takes time.

Manofdusk

Could one, in theory, cut the tube portion of the CETME carrier off and replace it with one of these? Might be easier?

I'm really torn on trying to do a 51 build like these, or just selling that 51 barrel and getting a regular barrel.

Shoot me a price on the 51 barrel if you decide to sell it.

Manofdusk

What are those markings on the lower? Is there a 'T' for safe? If so, never seen that before...
Cetme marks their fire control as T - semi, S - Safe and R - Full auto (Rapido)... I do not know the exact terminology though.

Manofdusk

089A5F12-D75A-44A9-A879-FB596A5A37D3.jpeg
Comparison of the Cetme Model C bolt carrier and recoil spring and the Stryker 51 bolt carrier and recoil spring. I don't think the 51/53 bolt carriers are interchangeable but since I've never tried, I'm not sure if they'll interchange...

AGG

Staff member
Cetme marks their fire control as T - semi, S - Safe and R - Full auto (Rapido)... I do not know the exact terminology though.

TSR” lower (T- Tiro a Tiro/semi-automatic; S- Seguro/safe; R- Rafagas/full automatic). ;)

Tony