What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love me some P9 series pistols.

MMissile

@MMissile I always wondered where Keystone got the idea for the red background. 😂

An amazing collection you had there Mike.
I've got 2-3 of those red blankets, from when I did gun-shows. Everything popped on the red.

osprey2one

I've had mine for about 15 years, still my favorite host - P9S w/ Gemtech Vortex 9

Attachments

• Wquc8CM[1].jpg
    Wquc8CM[1].jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 3

MMissile

I've had mine for about 15 years, still my favorite host - P9S w/ Gemtech Vortex 9
Very cool. I bought my first one around 1990. I couldn't believe how nice a pistol it was. Love the "different" HK styling of the earlier days.

dirtyharriett

Now I know where all of the P9's went to. Holy Batman MMissile... I think you have the market cornered on P9's... amazing collection of them.

MMissile

LOL. I spent years collecting up the nicest ones I could find. I'm particularly fond of the earlier "blued" pistols, with the rounded trigger guards. More stylish. I've been selling them one at a time, till I decide I want to keep the rest. I gave my best-friend/FFL a really nice one, and he's been selling them for me at his shop/range.

SWOH

Unfortunately, like all the good older HKs, you're going to take an ass-raping when you need a new part. The company pisses me off on how they abandon their older guns almost as soon as they stop production - see the P7.

MMissile

The one and only time I had a part failure, it was the safety-selector on the slide. ...and I think somebody shooting it thought it was a decocker or something. [I found it broken with the lever missing, when I got home. GRR] I sent it to HK, and they switched the safety, added 4 parts they deemed "had wear", and detail cleaned the entire pistol after testing it.

Last edited:

MMissile

It's an amazing host, isn't it? We cut and threaded a NOS Sport barrel for mine. I use one of my AAC cans on mine. Sad, to see the company go.

MMissile

The bright-blue models with the rounded trigger-guard, just have an elegant and stylish look to them. They just look like quality.....and are. Lots of engineering and development. This is when pride and form, was still as important as function. One of the best outta the box pistols for accuracy, I've ever owned. I didn't shoot as well with a SIG 210.

HK P9S 2-2-14.jpg

AGG

Staff member
The bright-blue models with the rounded trigger-guard, just have an elegant and stylish look to them. They just look like quality.....and are. Lots of engineering and development. This is when pride and form, was still as important as function. One of the best outta the box pistols for accuracy, I've ever owned. I didn't shoot as well with a SIG 210.

View attachment 460

Very nice. :)
What is the date, and who is the importer? ;)

Tony

MMissile

I'd have to do some serious digging. I'm just posting old pictures I've taken. I don't like to handle these old boxes, any more than I have to. Here's another old one....post HK P9 lft side.jpg