What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maglula AK loader can be used on the HK53 223 mags.

giantpune

Mind = blown

I have been searching for any sort of mag loader for the HK 33/53/93 223 mags, and coming up short. A while back, I realized if you hold their scorpion loader in place over a KP-9 magazine, it can be used to load it fairly easy. I couple minutes ago a little lightbulb went on in my head and I went to try out some of the different ones on the HK53 mags. The G3 maglula is too large and doesn't fit between the feed lips. The AK one works. If you hold it on top of the mag and press down, you can rock the handle back and forth and load the mags up pretty quick. Its not perfect (yet), as you have to hold the thing on the mag and press down. But its a lot better than loading these mags 1 round at a time. They work better on the 40rd aluminum mags. The feed lips on the 30rd steel ones are a tad closer together. They do work there, but not as great as on the 40rd ones.

I'm thinking I may have to whip up some sort of fixture to hold this thing in place. Cause this is awesome.

Are there any other magazine loaders out there that work for the HK53? I like the maglulas. If there's something else that works even better, that would make my weekend.

ghoulardi

7 years ago I modified a BETA M16/AR15 STRIPPER CLIP LOADER to load my HK33 mags. what I did was to thin out the inside of the loader and flatten the top inside so it goes over the mag. works great for quickly loading a BETA DRUM too :D.............main reason I did it was for fast and ease of loading mags, while on the range.

when I go shoot I like to spend my time shooting not loading mags one round at a time, whether it's by fingers or with some onesies at a time lever gizmo. with just a couple or three four pushes I can load 20, 30 and 40 round mags. with about 30 seconds I can load a 20 round mag, a few seconds more a 30 and a few second more a 40, lets just say it takess 1 minute or less for the 30 and 40 rounders............... I have all my 5.56 rounds on stripper clips anyway, so it just made sense to me to modify a stripper clip loader to load a HK 5.56 mag.

Last edited:

AGG

Staff member
7 years ago I modified a BETA M16/AR15 STRIPPER CLIP LOADER to load my HK33 mags. what I did was to thin out the inside of the loader and flatten the top inside so it goes over the mag. works great for quickly loading a BETA DRUM too :D.............main reason I did it was for fast and ease of loading mags, while on the range.

when I go shoot I like to spend my time shooting not loading mags one round at a time, whether it's by fingers or with some onesies at a time lever gizmo. with just a couple or three four pushes I can load 20, 30 and 40 round mags. with about 30 seconds I can load a 20 round mag, a few seconds more a 30 and a few second more a 40, lets just say it takess 1 minute or less for the 30 and 40 rounders............... I have all my 5.56 rounds on stripper clips anyway, so it just made sense to me to modify a stripper clip loader to load a HK 5.56 mag.

Excellent. :)

Tony

ghoulardi

forgot to say there was another stripper clip loader for the HK 5.56 mags.......these came 2 in a box for the short period of time when the 1K rounds of Swedish CARL GUSTAF 5.56 ammo cans were imported. the loaders came with a insert adapter so it can be used on M16 mags..........the loader themselves are made out of flimsy plastic, but then they weren't meant to be kept, they like all military stripper clips and the loaders they were a 'throw away" item; expendable. anyways, here is another loader that beats the onesies a time loaders ands down :)

I have never seen these being sold as a "stand alone" item, they were packed in the ammo cans. but if someone has a 3D "printer" I believe they can be "print" out

Pavia

Yes, the AK Lula loader works with...
HK93 (and variants)
Steyr Aug
Galil
Valmet
and AKs, of course