What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marketplace

freeride1

Just a suggestion, I wouldn't limit posting WTS to paid members. It's a small website, and one of the things that helps grow gun forums is a thriving marketplace. I've always felt that HKPro had rules that were too restrictive.

AGG

Staff member
Just a suggestion, I wouldn't limit posting WTS to paid members. It's a small website, and one of the things that helps grow gun forums is a thriving marketplace. I've always felt that HKPro had rules that were too restrictive.

Paid Membership is primarily about protecting the site from scammers, and secondarily for supporting the site. :)

Tony

Last edited:

freeride1

According to the rules listing an item as WTS is only for paid members. I tried to list something and it won't allow me to.

ENDER

Staff member
According to the rules listing an item as WTS is only for paid members. I tried to list something and it won't allow me to.
The paid membership serves multiple purposes. While Tony is correct - it allows for financial support of the website. it also allows us to vet marketplace sellers. Without some barrier to posting WTS ads, the marketplace would be full of spam and would require more moderation effort. Additionally, while we recognize that a $50 paid membership won't stop some scammers, it does allow us to track them down should a deal go sideways and require escalation.

freeride1

The paid membership serves multiple purposes. While Tony is correct - it allows for financial support of the website. it also allows us to vet marketplace sellers. Without some barrier to posting WTS ads, the marketplace would be full of spam and would require more moderation effort. Additionally, while we recognize that a $50 paid membership won't stop some scammers, it does allow us to track them down should a deal go sideways and require escalation.
That's sound reasoning. I still think it's a hard sell for a fledgling website and won't help growth.

AGG

Staff member

Thanks for the reminder. :LOL:

Tony

THRLSEKR

I don't mind it. Good point by freeride (the irony in the name and subject though...), and though fledgling I came over due to the crappy new format back "there". I spend more than $50 on sushi, so supporting the upstart and evaluating for a year is fine with me. I lurked for a year in 2015, posted in 2016 and got jumped on (i'd say "trounced", but that would just make me sound like a whiny bitch) by MODS. I'd gotten 'into it' with 2 sixy, caf 867-5309, and even oil-cani over my tenure. Made peace with 2 outta 3, but it got tiresome.

I like it here

AGG

Staff member
I don't mind it. Good point by freeride (the irony in the name and subject though...), and though fledgling I came over due to the crappy new format back "there". I spend more than $50 on sushi, so supporting the upstart and evaluating for a year is fine with me. I lurked for a year in 2015, posted in 2016 and got jumped on (i'd say "trounced", but that would just make me sound like a whiny bitch) by MODS. I'd gotten 'into it' with 2 sixy, caf 867-5309, and even oil-cani over my tenure. Made peace with 2 outta 3, but it got tiresome.

I like it here

We try to make the site a pleasurable experience for all--- thanks for your support. :)

Tony

xsefan

Contributing member
Hkpro has some commie rules. I don't expect much from people that can't buy handguns. Agreed if it's open to all it would get a lot of people to jump ship on the site from the 51st state.