What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MR223 FDE

HKaltwasser

Contributing member
Anyone know if the FDE models ever came with an Mlok rail from the factory. I'm talking to a dealer that claims these came directly from HK with this MLok versus the keymod that I've only seen on these. I've written HK to see if any of these shipped this way.

I'm looking at buying it and it has me curious as whether it was originally like this or not.

kr0Nx1Hh.jpg

Brad4065

Anyone know if the FDE models ever came with an Mlok rail from the factory. I'm talking to a dealer that claims these came directly from HK with this MLok versus the keymod that I've only seen on these. I've written HK to see if any of these shipped this way.

I'm looking at buying it and it has me curious as whether it was originally like this or not.

kr0Nx1Hh.jpg
I do not think that is the right rail.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that's it.

Cheers!!!!

31328fac

Website still showing old style hkey but I be they have updated to mlok here is another at Cabelas used
1673062231446.png

1673062261081.png

Guyanaman1963

kr0Nx1Hh.jpg
You sure its a MR223 and not a MR556? Just curious, because I thought the NR556 was keymod.
M.

HKaltwasser

Contributing member
Website still showing old style hkey but I be they have updated to mlok here is another at Cabelas used
View attachment 9374

View attachment 9375
I cant find that listing, that is the one but it's listed for new. You have a link by any chance? I got it, that thing was buried under specific search terms; I'm surprised you found it.

HKaltwasser

Contributing member
Anyone run a Q stock on theirs? I'm wondering how that little buffer will manage. I'm thinking about having the polymer parts cerakoted ral8000/burnt bronze and leaving the clear anodized parts, and adding a clear anodized Raptor charging handle. The clear Q color seems to play well with ral and fde. I have a Todd Bailey 416 pdw stock, but it's way too small for anything over 10.5' barrel.
Went ahead and did a test run with LVP.

2UZuvwph.jpg

gPd2NZJh.jpg

Last edited:

Brad4065

Anyone run a Q stock on theirs? I'm wondering how that little buffer will manage. I'm thinking about having the polymer parts cerakoted ral8000/burnt bronze and leaving the clear anodized parts, and adding a clear anodized Raptor charging handle. The clear Q color seems to play well with ral and fde. I have a Todd Bailey 416 pdw stock, but it's way too small for anything over 10.5' barrel.
gPd2NZJh.jpg
Caveat: Just my opinion.....

Put a slimline RAL8000 on it..... on mine {SBR'd} I like them a lot. To your point the pdw stocks, and I've got factory ones....
they're too small. Don't get me wrong.....they are uber tacti-cool looking, but that's about it. Zero function though if you're over 6"
tall.

Cheers!!!!!!!!