What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music What Are You Listening To?

ENDER

Staff member
I'm an 80's alternative guy - just my age and what was playing during my formative years I guess. At the gym my playlist includes The Chili Peppers, Stone Roses, The Smiths, Talking Heads - but also includes ELO, The Babys, Sonic Youth. Oh and some Christian stuff.

But I do like Ritchie Blackmore's stuff too. For me, sausage is reserved for special weekend occasions - preferably when someone else is cooking it. ;) I imagine it smells great though.

Enjoy

THRLSEKR

Ender....your stock just SKY-ROCKETED ! I saw this thread and clicked on it with much trepidation, but lo' and behold there you were! YES !!!! Total 80's kid here. I waste my $$$ on XM for only 2 stations really, 80's on 8 and FIRST WAVE. So while I love The Cure, Depeche Mode, Psychedelic Furs, The The, Smiths and the like....today started with Peter Schilling's EARTH BELOW US, also known to you philistines as MAJOR TOM.

Some occasional SKA for good measure like FISHBONE or MIGHTY MIGHTY BOSSTONES, The Impression That I Get always picks up my step.....

MMissile

Songs off of an album I purchased lately....these girls are talented. The drummer can be a "beast". She's very good. I never thought I'd like or buy a lesbian-group album.

Last edited:

THRLSEKR

BLACK RYDER reminds me a little of SIOUXSIE and the BANSHEES in both look and sound

MMissile

They opened for the CULT [Black Ryder]. The two guitar-players were married. Now she's married to Ian Astbury.

Favorite song, from another band I like... I like guitar music a BUNCH. I also like "darker" music.

Last edited:

MMissile

I loved this band, and saw them twice in Detroit. Floodland is an "Industrial-Goth" masterpiece. Andrew always said that they were just a "rock band".

Last edited:

ENDER

Staff member
Yea @MMissile - I resonate with all that. Do512 Lounge looks like a great date night out. Speaking of Ian - love the Cult, pretty much a Brusca influence, them and Frank Black.

Couple years ago, wanted to take my kid down to St. Andrews to see the Violent Femmes - he wasn't interested but I did finally rope him into seeing them at Meadowbrook where he just looked at me and rolled his eyes (and plugged his ears) ;)

Hk-USPC-40

Talk about Female Guitarists
When I saw Alice Cooper 2 years ago now his guitarist Nita Strauss can really shred
Crazy Good in fact..

I Guess I grew up in the 80s too, High School 80-84
For Me it was KISS, Ted Nugent, Styx, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, REO
It's really still all I listen too..
When I met Randy Rhoads in 81 it changed me somewhat as He was into Classical Music..
Christian Music I love Whitecross & the song "No Second Chances" That was played at my #2 Son Johns Funeral
It comes from Luke 16:19-31 The parable of Lazarus & The Rich Man
Their guitarist Rex Carol is so good, Watch the video, Notice him playing a pink Peavey Vandenberg , Adrian Vandenberg was one of the guitarist in Whitesnake at the time with Bass Player Rudy Sarzo who was in Quiet Riot, Ozzy etc etc, I met him when I met Randy..

Edited the BS about my worthless brother..

I have no idea how you guys link those videos on these boards???? Teach Me..
Thanks ENDER I learned something today.. SWEET!!
Watch No Second Chances by Whitecross, Rex makes the guitar Talk~~~~~~~~

Last edited:

ENDER

Staff member
Talk about Female Guitarists
When I saw Alice Cooper 2 years ago now his guitarist Nita Strauss can really shred
Crazy Good in fact..

I Guess I grew up in the 80s too, High School 80-84
For Me it was KISS, Ted Nugent, Styx, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, REO
It's really still all I listen too..
When I met Randy Rhoads in 81 it changed me somewhat as He was into Classical Music..
Christian Music I love Whitecross & the song "No Second Chances" That was played at my #2 Son Johns Funeral
It comes from Luke 16:19-31 The parable of Lazarus & The Rich Man
Their guitarist Rex Carol is so good, Watch the video, Notice him playing a pink Peavey Vandenberg , Adrian Vandenberg was one of the guitarist in Whitesnake at the time with Bass Player Rudy Sarzo who was in Quiet Riot, Ozzy etc etc, I met him when I met Randy..

When my oldest brother died this last Thanksgiving I was speaking those words standing over his coffin, He was the "Rich Man" who lied & stole from everyone to get what He "HAD".. I got nothing & He got everything.. It made me what I am now.. Thanks for stealing from me.. Really!!!
I worked my whole life while He got everything handed to him money, cars, homes, property etc.. & retired when He was like in his early 30s & robbed me & my twin of our inheritance, But my Father gave my twin a $80,000 house but I was overlooked somehow & Bobby was executor & stole all the rest..
He's Burning in Hell now.. Now He has Nothing.. It's true you can't change that.. It is what it is.. I wonder what that feels like? It's made me sour in my life..
Made me even hate my parents too.. They loved him so much & hated me..
I've been disabled since I was 12, But pulled it together & worked & went on with my life..
I own everything, Only owe taxes & utilities now + take care of my twin brother who had a stroke & lost his house & lives in my basement now..

I have no idea how you guys link those videos on these boards???? Teach Me..
Watch No Second Chances by Whitecross, Rex makes the guitar Talk~~~~~~~~
With Youtube videos, click on the share button and then copy the url. When posting here, click the media button in the toolbar and paste. Click the preview button before posting to test the result.

MMissile

That was great. The singer was very clear, and the lyrics obvious. Great stuff.

MMissile

I've met him several times. He's an interesting person. Musically, after the original line-up......he lost me. Good that he got clean, but that first band.......

1609878217846.png