What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member from Arizona

pitfighter

Contributing member
Hi Guys,

Collector of WW2 firearms and fighting knives mainly.

Decided to spring for a PTR 6 rifle, as I enjoy shooting carbines.
I have been playing with accessories.
Found classic straight mags, German made steel mags, German dual mag connector, Surefire Forearm, Mp5a2 stock. A better trigger system.

Whilst hunting for other accessories, I found myself guided here.

Looking for a cool looking/working Hensoldt sighting system.

Think I might go for the pistol version next, deciding whether an SP5 or another clone is on the books.

My collection: https://www.instagram.com/fairbairn_sykes/

pitfighter

Contributing member
Thanks guys, really enjoying learning about a new platform for me.

Guyanaman1963

Hi Guys,

Collector of WW2 firearms and fighting knives mainly.

Decided to spring for a PTR 6 rifle, as I enjoy shooting carbines.
I have been playing with accessories.
Found classic straight mags, German made steel mags, German dual mag connector, Surefire Forearm, Mp5a2 stock. A better trigger system.

Whilst hunting for other accessories, I found myself guided here.

Looking for a cool looking/working Hensoldt sighting system.

Think I might go for the pistol version next, deciding whether an SP5 or another clone is on the books.

My collection: https://www.instagram.com/fairbairn_sykes/
Welcome brother!!!
Beautiful collection!!!
M.

Klaus

Welcome to the site. FYI I just saw this posted earlier today. You may be interested.

copdoc

Nice. And Ek knives too

Edit to add. Instagram won't let me look at all of it unless I sign up. I'll have to sign up to get better look.

Is Webley Fosbery 38 or 455?

Last edited:

pitfighter

Contributing member
Nice. And Ek knives too

Edit to add. Instagram won't let me look at all of it unless I sign up. I'll have to sign up to get better look.

Is Webley Fosbery 38 or 455?
Thank you, Ek knives are a particular favorite of mine, I will do a better piece on them.
You're probably aware of John Ek and what he went through to make those knives as good as they could be in WW2.
You could only buy one if you sent him your soldier card, he refused to sell to civilians.
He employed highly skilled and sometimes eccentric individuals to work on the blades, the surface tester was blind, with a perfect sense of touch, things like that.
Each knife is serial numbered so you can track it and approximately date it.
I love them.

The Webley Fosbury is a 1906 model in .455 - it is no longer in my collection and neither is the Reichsrevolver, sadly.

However, there is a clip of me firing it with low powered Fiocchi on line (YouTube, I have a cowboy hat on), the Fiocchi ammo generated just enough energy to index the cylinder, but just not enough to engage the hammer sear, so the six shots would fire almost as one loud bang.
With original old Eley .455 the recoil worked as it should in semi-automatic.
They make the collector ammo purposely a little low in energy, as it's intended to be shot in old guns, in this case the low power made the gun into something else.
A fully automatic revolver, as if the automatic revolver were not paradoxical enough, lol.

copdoc

I just tried to sign up for Instagram. I dont sign up for much but want to see your pics.

We have a thread on knives. you might enjoy it.

I have a link to a good history of Ek knives. U have prob seen it but I'll look just in case you have not.

WF are fun but u must wonder why. Lol

copdoc

Holy moly. A Scagel influenced Randall. Bo loved Scagel knives. He had a bushel of them.

pitfighter

Contributing member
Holy moly. A Scagel influenced Randall. Bo loved Scagel knives. He had a bushel of them.
Yes, it is a fine knife that one, but, not sure how long I will hold onto it. When one is offered such a lot of money for something that for me at least, defies reason, one is inclined to not wait around too long, lol. (I can buy a transferable firearm for that money.)

copdoc

It's a valuable piece for sure. You have some very nice items. I traded a Lyle Sly II decades ago so I understand.

On phone I cant see pics very well but if that was a Leech and Rigdon revolver I guess u would have said in comments. I registered so I could see all the pics and read comments.

pitfighter

Contributing member
It's a valuable piece for sure. You have some very nice items. I traded a Lyle Sly II decades ago so I understand.

On phone I cant see pics very well but if that was a Leech and Rigdon revolver I guess u would have said in comments. I registered so I could see all the pics and read comments.
Nope, it is a Belgian licensed brevet of the Adams in .36 - a contemporary of the Colt Navy -