What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ( older) HKs

RenzSr

Always owned HK …..from USP TO .45 SOCOM……I JUST PICKED UP A MP4 380/22 conversion ( first HK pistol) and a HK P9S 9mm. Really cool guns…..figured this was the best place to research these out of production guns.

UltraFudd

Enjoy the .22.

Shoot the 380 only if you like 2 piece frames. If you can find a .32 barrel and mag, you can shoot that all day, but 380 is hard on those old frames.

Also, go to fleaBay and shop for a replacement buffer (the red one) and install it to ensure long life of the pistol. Most old buffers get hard over time and lose their recoil absorbing resilience.

I have a 4 caliber set and pretty much shoot the .32 and occasionally .25 and .22LR.

Same thing with your P9S. Replace buffer before shooting. HK Parts and Numrich usually have replacement buffers. It’s a two-screw simultaneous equation to get the buffer housing out, so do it where parts won’t disappear behind the workbench. Get a good dental pick to pull the 9mm buffer out; if it’s really old it’ll probably have to be dug out in chunks.

Enjoy your pistols. They’re both a lot of fun to shoot and I occasionally carry my .45 or 9mm P9S in the wintertime. Just be careful because the manual of arms to drop the trigger from full cock needs patience and practice in a safe environment.

AGG

Staff member
Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the newest acquisitions. :)
Feel free to ask any questions--- there are many knowledgeable members here. ;)

Tony