What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New P30LS Owner

Kissmethod17

Second HK pistol and one I plan to keep this time, first was a VP9 that I was not too fond of.

Already have a light bearing holster for the TLR-7A I have for it. Plan to spend time with the side and back straps to find what works for my size small hands.

Plans for this pistol will primarily be a carry gun and the gun I will practice mastering further the DA/SA with having prior experience with a Beretta 92.

Plans for the pistol:
Match sear spring
Keep stock weight hammer spring
Gray Guns short reset system
Trijicon fiberoptic front and rear sight

Have a few questions that I am looking for confirmation for:

Is the stock hammer spring 12lbs in the P30L? I plan to stick with the stock weight and would like to get a spare to have on hand.

Is there a particular direction the front and rear sight needs to be moved when removing and installing sights?

HKP30LS.jpg

ENDER

Staff member
The P30LS was my second HK as well. Still gets, er I mean did get a lot of range time before the China Flu. I'm still hoarding 9mm

Kissmethod17

Thank you for sharing in on the excitement and for the information! I am really digging it so far. Carried it around the house and it carries very well for me. I must admit that I re-watched John Wick while dry fire practicing with it...

TooSixy

Disabled/Inactive
The standard hammer spring (Blue color) on the P30 series is indeed the 12-lb spring.
There is no specific direction to drift either front or rear sight. Do what works best with your sight tool (or vice/hammer).

I have small hands, too, and find that LARGE left and MEDIUM right panels + MEDIUM backstrap work best.

ENDER

Staff member
The standard hammer spring (Blue color) on the P30 series is indeed the 12-lb spring.
There is no specific direction to drift either front or rear sight. Do what works best with your sight tool (or vice/hammer).

I have small hands, too, and find that LARGE left and MEDIUM right panels + MEDIUM backstrap work best.
Never personally having met you ....................... :ROFLMAO:

Kissmethod17

@TooSixy Thank you for the clarification. Exactly what I needed to know.

I shot the P30LS for the first time over the weekend, completely stock, along with several other pistols of mine and my friends to include: Glock 48, Glock 48 with RMRcc, Glock 34, Glock 19, S&W 5946, and a SIG 1911 with RMR. I have not been this pleased with a stock pistol in such a long time. The recoil report on the P30LS is so pleasant and I did not have much trouble at all with transitioning from DA to SA. I understand the P30 series gets a bit of a knock when it comes to the trigger, but it is hands down more than enough to easily manage. I guess dry firing the DAO 5946 on a regular basis paid off in regards to anything double action. I really enjoy the single action pull and did notice its longer reset when I forced myself to go slow and look for it. Otherwise, it seemed to be a non-issue at least in a static environment.

Shockingly enough, I used LARGE side straps and SMALL backstrap and find it pretty comfortable, but have a feeling MEDIUM is the ticket for the backstrap. I feel a small amount of un-filled space in the web of my hand when gripping.

I do have parts coming along the way. Will report back with my results. Got all the hammer springs to play with, the GG short reset kit, match sear, and some spare OEM components. Hoping my understanding of the pistol will increase, but do plan to give the match sear and GG short reset a serious go while leaving everything else stock.

This is a real pleasant forum. Thank you again.

TooSixy

Disabled/Inactive
I wouldn't be surprised if the standard FPBS was still the Heavy spring, but if it is so and you want a bit lighter pull, swap it with the Light FPBS.

Kissmethod17

Last night I successfully detail stripped the P30LS and installed the Gray Guns Short Reset, Match Spear Spring, and the 11 LB Lazy Wolf Hammer Spring. I must say I appreciate the thought behind the internal design as some of the parts and how they fit together are in genius. I can see a few areas where the thought of redundancy came into play. It was not as difficult to take apart, certainly a bit more challenging reassembling. I ended up putting back to 12lb hammer spring as it felt better to me despite being only ever so slightly heavier. The match sear spring and GG Short reset is all it needed for me to be super thrilled about the trigger pull. Loving this experience so far!

xsefan

Contributing member
I don't know what the ls is but I love v3 I believe. It's a sa da gun
Has taken the place of my 19 48 and 34 I love the ergonomic on this pistol