What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night sights for P2000. Suggestions?

hogasus

Just purchased a P2000 several months ago. Fired over 500 rounds through it and found the rear sight to be almost non existent. I've looked at several sights, but non of them mention being illuminated during the day. Night sights only?
I know there must be someone here that can recommend a useful sight set up.

Yesterday, while qualifying for my CCW permit, a friend had a Sig 320 with a red dot optics mounted. I tried it and loved the red dot. Problem is the optic will not fit my daily carry holster. Anyone know of a holster that can accommodate a red dot?

LEMming

You said the rear sight of your P2000 was "almost non-existent". Can you explain more about what you mean by that? Also, is this intended to be a carry gun, home defense / "nightstand" gun, or just a fun / range gun? If you want your sights more visible during the day, fiber optics are an option, like these Dawson Precision sights. That's just a fiber optic front sight and a rear sight with a narrower notch. I've looked around and am not aware of a fiber optic rear for the P2K. Honestly, a solid black rear sight works great in conjunction with a fiber front since it helps draw your focus to the front sight.

You mentioned your friend's SIG P320 with a red dot. Are you thinking about a red dot for your P2000, or what? There are plenty of holsters out there now that offer an option to accommodate a red dot. The main problem you might run into is, if your plan is to put a red dot on a P2000, that's very uncommon. There are maybe a few holsters that might work without modification, like a JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.5. It really depends on how the red dot would be mounted, as there seems to be a few different RDS cuts some companies are doing now. Red dots on HK hammer guns is still very uncommon though.

As far as red dots, a dovetail mount is also almost never an option you want; trust me on that. The added height above your normal sight line affects a lot of factors, IMO more so than a red dot on a rifle. It drastically affects your presentation to the target, which affects speed, consistency, etc.

Nra-Life-Member

I would contact HK Customer Service - they have always been helpful in the past. The one guy there has always been great - but for the life of me I can't think of his name.

xsefan

Contributing member
It's all a matter of what works best for you! I love trijicon HD in orange. They are different.

Elnino

Trijicon HD’s get my vote.
That hi-vis daytime front dot is awesome and the tritium is as bright as you would expect in low light

Occasionally you can get them on sale. A little expensive otherwise