What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official SP5/SP5L/SP5K/SP5K-PDW Picture Thread

AGG

Staff member
My house find. Mint, stuck in a time capsule STG77, March 1990 date code, Steyr AUG. came with original box and paperwork, GSI import box and paperwork from the late 80’s before they closed their doors after Federal Legal battle, 4-42 round mags, 4-30 round mags and all the fixins. The original owner had purchased the weapon, gotten sick and died. I don’t think it was ever shot. I had two former LEO colleagues that carried 90’s select fire AUG’s their entire career. I had shot them and always thought they were an odd duck. It wasn’t until I broke it down, I was immediately impressed with the simplicity of the firearm.4-days of watching videos and reading about the AUG and I am in a position of being convinced that it has clear advantages, even today, over many current self defense platforms. I’ve come from a place of I would never purchase one, to wanting a more current one in addition to this awesome piece, so I can add a T2 and modern white light. Incredible firearm, especially given the era it was conceptualized. 16” barrel next to my SBS Benelli and it’s still shorted… my MP5K, slightly out of photo, is shorter, but with a 5-ish Barrel. Incredible. I carry a 10.5 M16 at work, don’t see this changing.. but the AUG is more balanced and has some big advantages over the stoner design. Handicaps as well. Cheers…

Excellent--- with an NDO (date code), I presume that it is a 907 or 908 Series. ;)
A more detailed history: :)

- AUG-P End-User Agreement implementation (during the 1989 ban, GSI had purchased 1,252 of 5,000 AUG’s and was in the process of importation; upon arrival, the AUG’s were
seized by U.S. Customs Service, and GSI filed a federal lawsuit, resulting in the ban barring private citizens from importing AUG’s; GSI and BATF entered into an agreement,
whereby GSI could take possession of the AUG’s but could only sell to Law Enforcement or Military after it obtained advanced, written permission from BATF for each sale

Tony

Sabre671

Excellent--- with an NDO (date code), I presume that it is a 907 or 908 Series. ;)
A more detailed history: :)

- AUG-P End-User Agreement implementation (during the 1989 ban, GSI had purchased 1,252 of 5,000 AUG’s and was in the process of importation; upon arrival, the AUG’s were
seized by U.S. Customs Service, and GSI filed a federal lawsuit, resulting in the ban barring private citizens from importing AUG’s; GSI and BATF entered into an agreement,
whereby GSI could take possession of the AUG’s but could only sell to Law Enforcement or Military after it obtained advanced, written permission from BATF for each sale

Tony
Very cool! Thanks

DRYHEAT

I too was a big fan of the Steyr AUG/SA when it first came on the market. I got the 20" but really wanted the "Police” variation. So I bought another stock, a 16” bbl., a receiver for a scope, a bayonet lug and bayonet, plus a 24” HBAR bbl. (sold 1 week after I got one as I was offered 50% more than I paid at a local gun show).
7P2VuNG.jpg

One of my friends was a WA National Guard M.G. instructor and had a legal way to own M.G.s in WA state, but not shoot them outside of military bases. So I and some other friends of his would travel to Albany OR for monthly full-auto fun. At the time I had, in addition to the AUG, a “Wild Bill” Fleming (R.I.P.) built HK 94 that he had made over to an SBR MP5 (SA) replica. I took both to Albany as my friend had a full auto AUG and MP5. He let me swap parts there so I could shoot both of my semis the way they were supposed to shoot! TOO much fun AND it started the eventual move from 30 years in WA to the free and MG friendly state of AZ. Sadly I had sold the AUG 6 years before we moved but I had the bug for MGs so shortly after we got there a Colt M16A1, a full sized UZI plus a mini UZI SMG(s), and a AC556 13” folder.

Skip ahead to April of this year when a friend of 40+ years passed away and left me this in his will:
y4oKLb6.jpg

Not F/A but fun just the same.

...but they now come with a warning...
FTEKanV.jpg

4U9wPnp.jpg

AGG

Staff member
I too was a big fan of the Steyr AUG/SA when it first came on the market. I got the 20" but really wanted the "Police” variation. So I bought another stock, a 16” bbl., a receiver for a scope, a bayonet lug and bayonet, plus a 24” HBAR bbl. (sold 1 week after I got one as I was offered 50% more than I paid at a local gun show).

One of my friends was a WA National Guard M.G. instructor and had a legal way to own M.G.s in WA state, but not shoot them outside of military bases. So I and some other friends of his would travel to Albany OR for monthly full-auto fun. At the time I had, in addition to the AUG, a “Wild Bill” Fleming (R.I.P.) built HK 94 that he had made over to an SBR MP5 (SA) replica. I took both to Albany as my friend had a full auto AUG and MP5. He let me swap parts there so I could shoot both of my semis the way they were supposed to shoot! TOO much fun AND it started the eventual move from 30 years in WA to the free and MG friendly state of AZ. Sadly I had sold the AUG 6 years before we moved but I had the bug for MGs so shortly after we got there a Colt M16A1, a full sized UZI plus a mini UZI SMG(s), and a AC556 13” folder.

Skip ahead to April of this year when a friend of 40+ years passed away and left me this in his will:

Not F/A but fun just the same.

...but they now come with a warning...

Those are very nice. ;)

Tony