What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P226 bulged barrel repair pictures

drace

Bought two West German P226's off GB, one was a "gunsmith special" where seller omitted that the barrel was bulged and the pistol couldn't be disassembled. Rather than be stuck with a paperweight, I drilled the barrel pretty thin and bashed the slide back with some brass bar stock.

P226 Repair-1.jpgP226 Repair-2.jpgP226 Repair-3.jpg

drace

Are you going after the seller or was it sold to you as being non-functional?

-E-
I don't think I will go after him because "gunsmith special" is a term of art that, depending on context, can certainly mean non-functional. But it wasn't sold to me as non functional. Here's his description - "We have for sale a Sig Sauer P226 semi auto pistol in 9mm. This pistol is in fair to good condition. They are however Double Action only. This appears to be complete minus grips. These are pre ban and MA legal. These come with one These are not legal in all states and local areas. It's up to you to know your local laws. Please let me know if you have any questions or need more pictures "

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 6.20.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 6.20.38 PM.png
    450.2 KB · Views: 4

drace

Plus it was sold "as-is," no getting around that. But I think he ought to have disclosed that it was non-functional regarding the inability to disassemble it.

I have some sweat equity in it now.

Tony, haven't test fired it yet. Just drilled it out this afternoon.

AGG

Staff member
I don't think I will go after him because "gunsmith special" is a term of art that, depending on context, can certainly mean non-functional. But it wasn't sold to me as non functional. Here's his description - "We have for sale a Sig Sauer P226 semi auto pistol in 9mm. This pistol is in fair to good condition. They are however Double Action only. This appears to be complete minus grips. These are pre ban and MA legal. These come with one These are not legal in all states and local areas. It's up to you to know your local laws. Please let me know if you have any questions or need more pictures "

I would think that something like a bulged barrel would be worth mentioning--- were there pictures of it? :unsure:

Tony

AGG

Staff member
Plus it was sold "as-is," no getting around that. But I think he ought to have disclosed that it was non-functional regarding the inability to disassemble it.

I have some sweat equity in it now.

Tony, haven't test fired it yet. Just drilled it out this afternoon.

Keep us updated. :)

Tony

Nehalem Man

In no case can a non functioning firearm be classified as in " fair to good condition."

That is my thought as well. "Fair to good condition" does not equal non-functioning. Also sold "as is" does not relieve the seller of the obligation to disclose major mechanical issues.

-E-