What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P30L hammer problem

Mtdk

Hi everyone

I really need some help with determining if I have a problem or not. I was about to install my grayguns kit but aborted because I noticed my hammer was kinda weird

My P30L is a regular da/sa version with no mods. Bought Factory new and only shot 250 rounds so far.

I noticed that when unloaded and hammer fully dropped, it can move quite a lot backwards and forwards. It seems kinda sloppy. I stripped everything (all internals) and still the hammer seems sloppy or loose.

So can any of you P30 owners confirm if yours does this? Or not?

Btw dealer says its normal operation for a P30. Here in my country (in EU) we dont have a lot of dealers or hk gunsmiths so getting 2nd opinion is hard.

Best regards

LEMming

Can you give us an estimate of how much it moves? Is it a couple millimeters, or more like 1/2 a centimeter or more?

Mtdk

I can try and make a video of it. But Im new to this site, so I dont know if its possible to upload a short video?

Mtdk

Exactly that :)

Will try and compare with mine and get a video uploaded later :)

Mtdk

Ok, So if eveything works, here should be a video of my P30L with the hammer movement. Here its shown without any internals

Attachments

• MOV_2046 (1).mp4
    4.8 MB · Views: 0

LEMming

The example Ender posted is what I typically see on P30's, P2000's, and HK45's and is normal.

@Mtdk the one you posted seems typical when the gun is stripped down that much. Does it move that much when assembled? If so, there could be an issue with the hammer, the roll pin on the back half of the hammer, or the hammer strut. I doubt it, especially on a new HK but, those would be the areas I'd check.

Brad4065

Ok, So if eveything works, here should be a video of my P30L with the hammer movement. Here its shown without any internals
I've got about the same type of travel on my Sig P229 {I know...I know...I know....plane blasphemy....sorry....saving money for my next HK
PISTOL any suggestions?};)

Long story short.....does it go "bang"? If so....no harm no.......

Cheers!!!!

xsefan

Contributing member
I have to put good pressure on mine. You can see the dent in my finger . My p30l is full of sand. I will clean it out this weekend and see how it feels then

Attachments

• 20230114_213017.mp4
    8.6 MB · Views: 0