What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P30L v1 -> 4.1 (Light TRS) question

Aphex

I have a P30L v1 coming soon and was doing some research into the various improvements (I also have a USP Match LEM Hybrid). My game plan is to install the three piece 4.1 kit from HKparts and the Greyguns short reset trigger kit. From what I gathered newer P30 v1 guns are equipped with the Light TRS and I've read this could be an issue when it comes to fully resetting the trigger. I would have no problems installing the Medium TRS that is supposed to be used with 4.1 but it seems to be very hard to find that spring in stock at the moment.

My question: Is there a spring combo that allows the Light TRS to work correctly with the 4.1 kit and GG SRT or will I have to stick in a v2 Heavy TRS in the mean time until I finally hunt down a Medium TRS?

ENDER

Staff member
I have a P30L v1 coming soon and was doing some research into the various improvements (I also have a USP Match LEM Hybrid). My game plan is to install the three piece 4.1 kit from HKparts and the Greyguns short reset trigger kit. From what I gathered newer P30 v1 guns are equipped with the Light TRS and I've read this could be an issue when it comes to fully resetting the trigger. I would have no problems installing the Medium TRS that is supposed to be used with 4.1 but it seems to be very hard to find that spring in stock at the moment.

My question: Is there a spring combo that allows the Light TRS to work correctly with the 4.1 kit and GG SRT or will I have to stick in a v2 Heavy TRS in the mean time until I finally hunt down a Medium TRS?
That is in @TooSixy 's wheelhouse, we'll see if he responds to the bat signal.

RetropM

FWIW, I don't have the GG SRT, but my P30L converted to 4.1 worked fine with the light TRS and the medium TRS. In the end, I preferred the medium TRS as it didn't increase the pull much but it definitely improved the reset.

Interestingly enough, the P30L 4.1 did not work well with the heavy TRS (the trigger would rest farther forward after reset than the 4.1 is supposed to) but my P2000 4.1 is great with the heavy TRS. Both have the V3 hammer spring and the light FPBS with all 4.1 parts installed, go figure.

If I were you, I would just try the light TRS with all of the parts installed (including the 4.1 trigger bar detent spring) and see what happens.

Aphex

If I were you, I would just try the light TRS with all of the parts installed (including the 4.1 trigger bar detent spring) and see what happens.

Yeah, that's probably what I'll end up doing. I didn't even know the P30 hammer springs were different between LEM and DA/SA so that's something else I'll have to look into. It's kinda confusing trying to find a recommendation for the right combo of springs since everyone seems to have a different configuration than what I plan to use. Just wish the Medium TRS was in stock somewhere in the states.

LEMming

I have a P30 V1 with a GGI SRT kit and the HK V4.1 CH kit. I also have a GGI flat trigger. It's an excellent combo, especially for anyone coming from striker-fired guns that might get tripped up with the longer reset in stock form. This is the spring combo I'm using which, on my gun, sits right at a 5.0lb pull that's incredibly smooth:
  • HS: 214300 (Standard)
  • TRS: 234773 (Medium)
  • FPBS: 209962 (Heavy)
Reference: Spring Reference Chart for Different LEM Variants

I also use the standard trigger bar detent spring and never use lighter FPBS, especially not the one in the GGI SRT kit. The FPBS doesn't make a huge difference. It's a critical safety component, so personally, I'd rather have the few tenths of a pound extra pull weight and know its function is robust. The light FPBS in the GGI kit looks laughably lightweight with how thin of a gauge it is.

The light TRS is way too light IMO. It makes for an extremely lazy trigger feel with a slow reset.

Aphex

Well the gun and the parts came in late last week and I got around to installing everything today. I used Greygun's Firing Pin Block Spring and the 4.1 kit's Trigger Bar Detent Spring. I do have a spare Heavy TRS but I elected to keep the original Light TRS installed for now. I also installed a match sear spring.

The Good: Everything seems to be working. The trigger travel is shorter when cocked and the reset is much improved. Not quite as short and crisp as my Sig P226 SRT but still much better than stock.​
The Bad: The Light TRS does lead to some hang ups on the trigger fully resetting occasionally. I might have a source for a Medium TRS so hopefully this will go away.​
The Ugly: The trigger seems to have a little bit of grit during the take up before the break. I oiled everything and even some spots on the trigger bar which helped but did not eliminate it completely. This is will probably lessen over time with dry fire and range time.​

Overall, once I get a Medium TRS and some trigger time I think it will be good to go. Its strictly a range gun for me at the moment so I'm not too worried about its current hiccups. Feels great in the hand once I configured the panels to my liking and I appreciate the heavier feel of the trigger overall compared to my USP's Match LEM hybrid as its not nearly as jarring to use when compared to a normal DA/SA pistol.

Aphex

Update: Got a P30 Medium TRS spring in the mail today and installed it. Trigger is slightly heavier during the pull but the return is much improved (almost like they were meant to be together...) and it no longer has any grit in the pull after putting a couple hundred rounds downrange previously. Not sure the whole 4.1 upgrade was worth it money-wise but it gave me an excuse to tinker around in the P30's guts.

TooSixy

Disabled/Inactive
The Medium TRS is the correct spring for the LEM 4.1 upgrade. HK designed it that way for a reason.

RetropM

I recently changed the TRS in my 4.1 P2000 out from heavy to light. I feel like it improved the trigger pull but I still wish they made a medium TRS for the P2000 as it is perfect in my P30L.

Aphex

The Medium TRS is the correct spring for the LEM 4.1 upgrade. HK designed it that way for a reason.

I knew that when I started the thread. There were zero medium TRS springs to be found for sale when I bought the 4.1 parts. What I originally wanted to know was if there was a reliable alternative to the medium TRS via a combo of other springs. Doesn't matter now since I had finally found a spring to buy.

TooSixy

Disabled/Inactive
I knew that when I started the thread. There were zero medium TRS springs to be found for sale when I bought the 4.1 parts. What I originally wanted to know was if there was a reliable alternative to the medium TRS via a combo of other springs. Doesn't matter now since I had finally found a spring to buy.
Should have contacted me. I got from HK-USA a few of these Medium TRS springs a while back.

rc51pete

I used the v1 USP trs & v1 P series TBDS in a P2000sk .40.

Added a GrayGuns TRS & love it!
It is my favorite new gen HK trigger.
I am almost regretting all of my DA/SA pistols.