What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P7 M13 Nickel scam on Gunbroker

Brobus

Staff member
It appears that the Nickel P7M13 scammer is back. I just put a $10,000 bid on all his auctions. If someone would be so kind to place a bid higher then the Buy it now but less then $10,000 then that will wipe out the Buy it now with NO RISK to you.

Attachments

• 1559D89B-B1F6-4B0E-8D8D-B0A9EA74ED11.png
    1559D89B-B1F6-4B0E-8D8D-B0A9EA74ED11.png
    377.7 KB · Views: 2

Brobus

Staff member
Thank you! Looks like someone outbid me so I bumped my bid up to $15k. I have $10k bids on all of his other stuff as well.

Tailflash

Great job guys!
Posting this infamous P7M13 on round table so everyone knows to keep an eye out for it. I've seen this exact same gun used in numerous scams for well over 4 years now...

1664487952142.png

Tailflash

And how hard would it be for GunBroker to add some software to weed out these same pictures and block scammers from ever using them again. Unfortunately, this would probably affect all the sellers that use stock photos of guns...

Brobus

Staff member
Im not sure who owns it now, but I’m pretty sure it was previously owned by a seller on Gunbroker with a username of “Bikencycle”.

Lamont

Staff member
And how hard would it be for GunBroker to add some software to weed out these same pictures and block scammers from ever using them again. Unfortunately, this would probably affect all the sellers that use stock photos of guns...
I don't think there's anyone who believes GB does enough in this regard except GB themselves.

Brobus

Staff member
And how hard would it be for GunBroker to add some software to weed out these same pictures and block scammers from ever using them again. Unfortunately, this would probably affect all the sellers that use stock

Brobus

Staff member
I think GB is working on something like that. In the meantime, it looks like the scammer is back with another user name. I just placed a $10k bid on All of his items. If someone would like to bid higher then the buy it now and LESS then $10k then that will wipe out the Buy it now so no one will get scammed.

Guyanaman1963

I think GB is working on something like that. In the meantime, it looks like the scammer is back with another user name. I just placed a $10k bid on All of his items. If someone would like to bid higher then the buy it now and LESS then $10k then that will wipe out the Buy it now so no one will get scammed.

Done! BIN gone!

Tailflash

Classic foreign scammer using the word "kindly"...
"For Question and purchase, kindly contact me at. 248-838-3833"

I see the scammer added three more auctions (SCAR, P7M13 & SP5), all with BIN prices.

Brobus

Staff member
That’s easy! Sometimes they will put up a fake listing. Someone will then win the auction. The seller/scammer now has the buyers username, email and contact info. All they need to do is to run a basic computer program to figure out the buyers password. I have also received an email that ask me to verify something on Gunbroker. It looks like the Gunbroker website, but it is NOT. Had I followed the prompts to log in then the scammers would exactly what they need. I’m sure one could also buy that information off of the black market. There are a lot of companies like Starbucks out there with “free” WiFi. All it takes is someone with a little know how to hack into your device and steal your “saved” information off your device.

Lamont

Staff member
Ah, I see. I seem to remember receiving such an email at some point in the past but blowing it off, those types of emails are all scams, GB or otherwise.

Tailflash

Scammer is now gone. Must have gotten his 'fish' on one of the other listed scams with BIN still active.

Message sent to GunBroker:

Re:
GunBroker Support,
Greetings from Utah.

The following Auction/Scammer has been identified as a Scam on HK Proshop site. This same HK P7M13 sitting on its round table has been used in countless scams for well over 5 years. We have successfully shut this scammer down, numerous times in the past when the scammer was logging under new NR accounts, but recently, these scammers are somehow hijacking GunBroker user accounts that have positive ratings; this to give a potential unsuspecting buyer confidence that the seller is legit.

This P7M13 is again starting to pop up every other week and the scammer's other listed auctions have been used in the past as scams too.

Scammer identified on HK Proshop site:
P7 M13 Nickel scam on Gunbroker | HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Re: Scam posted Wednesday (we successfully shut him down):
HK. P7M13. NICKEL - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 949580334

Re: Scam posted Friday:
HK. P7M13. NICKEL - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 950001069
HK. P7M13. NICKEL - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 950036742

Just now, as I type this message, the scammer must have gotten his ‘fish’ as he is no longer a registered user and all his auctions have ended.

Can you please look into how these scammers are hijacking good people’s usernames? Also, is there a way to flag this P7M13 by using software to quickly identify this classic picture as a scam?

Thank you,

Dane (aka: Tailflash)