What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTS P7, P7M8/13, P7M10(?) "Assembling Pin" armorer's tool

drace

Good morning gents.

I had a local shop cook up some copies of the "Assembling Pin" from the back of the red-cover P7 manuals.

Price is either $25.00/ea or $32.95/ea depending on which option you pick below:

(1) $25.00/ea First Class (no tracking); or

(2) $32.95/ea ($25.00 + $7.95) for Priority Mail Flat Rate (with tracking).

Use:

These are slave pins used in various stages of reassembly of the frame - (heel) magazine release, trigger assembly, cocking handle assembly. They help line up multiple pieces that rotate around an axle, so you can slip the frame pins in right behind the slave pin.

These are long enough to span the P7M13 frame easily, as well as the P7M8 and P7 PSP. I have not checked whether they fit the P7M10 frame as I don't own a P7M10.

Properties:

The pins are turned from McMaster-Carr stock, 18-8 Stainless, 36mm x 3mm dowel pins - profiled to a tapered, ball-end head. To use these most effectively, they should be turned down 0.01-0.02 mm by chucking them into a drill or lathe and using a bit of sandpaper (120 grit aluminum oxide works very well) to remove material, checking until you read at most 2.99 mm. This will result in an easy slip fit during the assembly process.

If you want to change the profile of the head, use a tool tough enough for stainless steel.

Pictures:

The first picture is from the red-cover P7 PSP manual.

The second picture shows the pins for sale.

In the third picture, my digital calipers are reading the diameter of one of the actual P7 frame pins as 2.98 mm; others I've checked have read anywhere in the range of 2.99 mm - 2.98 mm.

IMG_9072.jpegIMG_9137.jpegIMG_9138.jpeg

Last edited:

TigerEye77

I received my P7 slave pin today. Excellent quality product, super fast shipping and outstanding communication from @drace! Thanks for taking the time to bring a P7 tool to market.