What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pavesi 1942 prototype rifle and second prototype inspired by the SVT-40

Barn Owl Lover

A couple of Pavesi rifles that Beretta have in their reference collection that Forgotten Weapons checked out.

M1942:

SVT-40 inspired rifle:

And a question on the M1942 rifle. It seems that the muzzle brake is screwed on and has some type of spring steel catch that engages with the threading to keep it from backing off. Does it seem that I'm correct with that thought?

copdoc

A couple of Pavesi rifles that Beretta have in their reference collection that Forgotten Weapons checked out.

M1942:

SVT-40 inspired rifle:

And a question on the M1942 rifle. It seems that the muzzle brake is screwed on and has some type of spring steel catch that engages with the threading to keep it from backing off. Does it seem that I'm correct with that thought?
It sure looks like it. I dont remember seeing as anything like it. You would expect a detent in threads but why put it that far out?

Interesting. Thanks.

copdoc

Addendum. Can't tell from a pic but is that a gas port to regulate a short recoil system? Could flash hider screw down to restrict barrel travel?
🤔🤔🤔20210626_230506.jpg