What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poly-coated bullets; safe for suppressor use?

Tailflash

I just loaded up some 150gr lipstick color poly coated bullets that I found mixed in with 500 or so 124gr poly coated bullets; I've never used these before. Anyone have any experience with these and or know if these can (or should not) be used through a suppressor? Suppressor will be a Gemtech Raptor II on my MP5-N; otherwise, all these will be used in either my USP9SD and/or VP9...

IMG_7053.jpg IMG_7054.jpg

flybynt

I wouldn't unless you were using a larger 40 or 45 (even better) cal dia suppressor on your 9mm because If it were me I would not risk my "lipstick" to "kiss" my suppressor due to your load plus whatever trajectory or flaking related issues these might have due to inconsistent poly coating or adherence to the projo.

Tailflash

Good advice. The VP9 or SD it is then or MP5 w/o the suppressor. They must be popular as I see them all over the ground down range; they obviously stick out.