What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPDATE - Question about RTG

MSOGDAWG

First and foremost, this is not an accusatory post. I am not making any allegations against RTG. Quite the contrary, I have had great experiences in the past. I purchased from them today (its been a while since my last order), my CC then got hit and I had to turn it off. Not saying it was them, just asking if anyone else has had this happen with RTG? I know HKParts has issues but I am wondering if it would be a good idea to call and maybe alert them to something they may be unaware of. I also realize it could have been compromised elsewhere. Just asking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tailflash

I was one that got my CC compromised during the HKParts fiasco a few years ago; really pissed me off that they didn't take any action to notify anyone that they got hacked and no apologizes either (if I recall). I haven't order from them since.
I hope RTG didn't get hacked, he's one of my favorite sites, next to MGW and Brownell's. I'd give then a call or email to give them a heads up. Sorry to hear your CC got hit with some bogus charge. I pray there is a special place in Hell for every scumbag scammer that festers this world.

MSOGDAWG

LMAO @Brad4065

So I "deactivated" my card yesterday at 8P CST, please explain if my card was deactivated how more unauthorized transaction were allowed to be processed 8 hours later?!?! I asked the young lady helping me at the bank and I got a blank stare and a slight shoulder shrug....she then stated well we cant see the transactions your talking about.
HUH???? Why not?? They havent posted yet. So I say they shouldnt have been authorized at all AFTER I deactivated my card. She says well you have to wait for them to post, then dispute them and after 10 days you'll get your money back....🤬

MSOGDAWG

UH OH!! I go to call RTG to talk to them this morning and I get VM. I then click on the link to send an email and I get this:
1653408465820.jpeg
Didnt get that yesterday when I placed my order
🤔🤔🤔🤔

MSOGDAWG

I was able to get through and the young man I spoke with was friendly. I told them I was not being accusatory and I only wanted them to be aware. I also had a friend attempt to go to the site and he got the same pop up.

Nra-Life-Member

Nothing is safe anymore. You can't believe anything and I am amazed of the thief that occurs. I had my CC jacked and it took months to get the issue resolved...

MSOGDAWG

I quit using laptops and do 100% all my shopping on line on my iPhone and I keep that in check security wise pretty regularly. Only buy on my wifi not public. I may still be subject to attacks but I think (may be wrong though) apple products are somewhat "safer", as opposed to other methods. I am also realist enough to know swiping my card in a restaurant or gas station opens me up even with a chip. I realize there are several ways of skimming the data from my card. I want to be sure to make clear I do not blame RTG I want them as well as others to only be informed.

Crash

When I do anything financial on my phone I turn off the wifi and use the phone connection. Much more difficult for that to be compromised than a typical home wifi network and *especially* any public wifi.

Edited to be a little more clear

Guyanaman1963

It seems to me there was way less bullshit before the chips were introduced, Why did they push them so much? Food for thought.
How else are they going to monitor the masses?
They want to know what you’re doing with those Hummers…. Are you buying armor plating…. Stocking up on ammo, DO YOU DISAGREE WITH YOUR MASTERS!!!!!
Just wait till we are all mandated ”to be chipped”…. Under the guise of , It will make you “FREE”!

taking off my specialty hat now!!!!
M.

flybynt

How else are they going to monitor the masses?
They want to know what you’re doing with those Hummers…. Are you buying armor plating…. Stocking up on ammo, DO YOU DISAGREE WITH YOUR MASTERS!!!!!
Just wait till we are all mandated ”to be chipped”…. Under the guise of , It will make you “FREE”!

taking off my specialty hat now!!!!
M.
Not just no but hell no! The nation is riled up about abortions, think about making people undergo chip insertion by force. I think a lot of people will choose to "vote" from the rooftops if that ever comes to pass, just my .02