What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RE: I screwed up......BAD!!!! PSA

Brad4065

Hey All:

Have not been on in a bit.......and here's the reason. {Caveat: I try to stay on and support, but it's been a rough couple of weeks.}

LONG story short.....

I shot and killed 2 of three coyotes with my .308. I've been shooting this cal for many years.....never an issue for 50+ years of shooting.
For whatever reason, this time it blew out my ear drum and I ended up receiving vertigo, which I always thought was just BS. After about the 7th time blacking
out.......they transported me to the hospital, to determine that I lost 50% hearing which is what has contributed to my newly found balance
problem/blacking out <sigh>

So my only point behind this post..........PLEASE use suppressors or hearing protection, or BOTH. I rarely used hearing protection......but this has set me back, and made me realize
that contrary to my opinion......I'm not as invincible as I thought I was.

Lastly, I'm on the upside of recovery, but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.....learn from my stupidity and utilize hearing protection!!!!!!!!!

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

esh21167

Very sorry to hear about that. Best wishes on your road to recovery.

Guyanaman1963

@Brad4065 So sorry to hear that brother! I pray that all goes well with your recovery and that you regain your 50% hearing loss.
Thanks for the warning, it is greatly apprecieated.
M.

AGG

Staff member
Brad,

Sorry about the incident--- prayers for your recovery. :(

Tony

Brad4065

@esh2117 , @Guyanaman1963 , @AGG , @MMissile , @GuntherRommel , @ENDER , @copdoc , @jorayr97

First and foremost, I hope I got everyone in this post, but if I missed you.......I'm sorry.

Secondly, but more importantly.......................
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT/KIND WORDS!!!!!!!!

Love you guys like brothers!!!!!! And I TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT!!!! It's much needed, and much appreciated!!!!
Thank you again for all your help. We'll get to the finish line......just not fast enough as I want .............<sigh> 🤣 ;)

Guyanaman1963

@esh2117 , @Guyanaman1963 , @AGG , @MMissile , @GuntherRommel , @ENDER , @copdoc , @jorayr97

First and foremost, I hope I got everyone in this post, but if I missed you.......I'm sorry.

Secondly, but more importantly.......................
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT/KIND WORDS!!!!!!!!

Love you guys like brothers!!!!!! And I TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT!!!! It's much needed, and much appreciated!!!!
Thank you again for all your help. We'll get to the finish line......just not fast enough as I want .............<sigh> 🤣 ;)
Brad,
You will be surprised at how resilient the human body is. Dont give up hope, your hearing will return... maybe not 100% but it will return. The vertigo will go away.
I had my ear drum perforated while on deployment .... the hearing loss came back, but my wife still complains I dont “hear” her! 😂
Hang in there brother!!!
M.

AGG

Staff member
Brad,
You will be surprised at how resilient the human body is. Dont give up hope, your hearing will return... maybe not 100% but it will return. The vertigo will go away.
I had my ear drum perforated while on deployment .... the hearing loss came back, but my wife still complains I dont “hear” her! 😂
Hang in there brother!!!
M.

That is funny as heck. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony

Saab95v6

Just Saw this , hope everything is ok . Like you said best to use double hearing protection !!! or a can

Tailflash

Brad, sorry to hear (no pun intended) about your hearing loss. Vertigo can be horrible; you tend to grab onto something solid to help try keeping the world from tipping over. On the funny side, for me, I get vertigo right after I tip the scale on that one sip of hard drink; knowing that I have less than one minute before Karma Upchuck pays me a severe visit (Oh those stupid drinking contests we had back in my Air Force days)...

Get well Brother.

flybynt

Hey All:

Have not been on in a bit.......and here's the reason. {Caveat: I try to stay on and support, but it's been a rough couple of weeks.}

LONG story short.....

I shot and killed 2 of three coyotes with my .308. I've been shooting this cal for many years.....never an issue for 50+ years of shooting.
For whatever reason, this time it blew out my ear drum and I ended up receiving vertigo, which I always thought was just BS. After about the 7th time blacking
out.......they transported me to the hospital, to determine that I lost 50% hearing which is what has contributed to my newly found balance
problem/blacking out <sigh>

So my only point behind this post..........PLEASE use suppressors or hearing protection, or BOTH. I rarely used hearing protection......but this has set me back, and made me realize
that contrary to my opinion......I'm not as invincible as I thought I was.

Lastly, I'm on the upside of recovery, but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.....learn from my stupidity and utilize hearing protection!!!!!!!!!

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The upside is now now you have an excuse to claim that you didn't hear the "wife unit" :rolleyes:
Wishes for a speedy recovery

Guyanaman1963

The upside is now now you have an excuse to claim that you didn't hear the "wife unit" :rolleyes:
Wishes for a speedy recovery
Let me tell you that is a “justified” excuse! Even when she is explaining to you that it is ”NOT” justified... you can claim you cant or didn't “hear” her! :cool: :cool: :cool:
M.

AGG

Staff member
Let me tell you that is a “justified” excuse! Even when she is explaining to you that it is ”NOT” justified... you can claim you cant or didn't “hear” her! :cool: :cool: :cool:
M.

Better hope that your wife does not visit the site and read this. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony