What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RE: "Ultra Rare P7M8"..... {Sigh}.....

Lamont

Staff member
By sheer coincidence I'm sure, I have a Form 6 for a stripped P7M8 frame serial # 79733........

It's a "fugazi" that I had put together from parts. The present owner knew that when he bought it from me.

Brad4065

By sheer coincidence I'm sure, I have a Form 6 for a stripped P7M8 frame serial # 79733........

It's a "fugazi" that I had put together from parts. The present owner knew that when he bought it from me.
Now that's flipping interesting.:unsure:

Thank you for that.

Lamont

Staff member
The slide came from the same guy from whom I bought "Goldie", the gold plated engraved P7K3 in 9mmK in a leather presentation case that some may remember. It has no frame number inside the slide for that reason, never assembled into a gun at the factory. If it was, it would have that number as do all the P7M13 built for the Saudi's. The stripped frame from him as well, never assembled into a gun at the factory, this is why no proofs or markings other than the serial number.
The grips I bought from Wilfried Nill when I visited him at his shop pre-COVID. Awesome guy. I have another set of those grips bought on that trip currently for sale "elsewhere", as all can see. That is why no Saudi crest stamped in the wood, that would have been done by H&K after their Nill grips were delivered to the factory.
The PT8 mags came from Sascha (also an awesome guy) at Collector Gunparts, also on a personal visit. He still has some. I actually still have a couple more, just in case I ever find a P7 PT8. Same source for the box, manual, scraper and brush. The box was not Saudi marked when I bought it, and from what I can tell still isn't.
The other parts came from a mint NOS P7M8 that donated it's guts and the assembly/fitting was done by a well known H&K Armorer.

That is the true history of this piece. It is a unique gun, no doubt, how many Saudi marked P7 guns are there out there, but it is no rare prototype. It's a parts gun, and as I said, the current owner knew that when I sold it to him, supposedly on behalf of a collector in Puerto Rico. I guess that wasn't true either....

"And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With odd old ends stol'n out of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil."

-William Shakespeare, Richard III

Lamont

Staff member
The original I saw was smooth with the Saudi palm tree logo on the back lower corner of the left side panel.

Tailflash

@Lamont
Now that's an interesting story. I had tagged this same gun earlier in my GB 'watch list' just to see if someone would bite on the BIN price from some with deep pockets (like AGG/Tony) but assume this price may change substantially, now that the cat is out of the bag. Beautiful 'parts' gun regardless. I hope someday to get a nice condition P7 variant as a shooter (not dust collector). I wonder if the seller will pull this auction or at least amend the description...

1673482153349.png 1673482279351.png

1673485086461.png

Re: Actual Kingdom of Saudi Arabia P7M13 with Palm & Swords Crest on grips:

1673484530659.png 1673484646028.png

Lamont

Staff member
I wonder if the seller will pull this auction or at least amend the description...
Interesting question. I don't think we've heard the last though, I'm told there are other stories about other guns/listings out there, but I have no first hand knowledge of them, only what I've been told. Second hand is also known as hearsay. This may bring some of them out of the wood work. While the overblown descriptions rubbed a lot of people the wrong way from the very beginning, a man is allowed to say whatever he likes, however he likes, as long as he doesn't depart from the truth. I not only defended his right to do so, but did business with him as well until his lead time surpassed 6 months. Certainly he had a demonstrated ability to get top dollar for really nice pieces. I never understood why he didn't stick with such items, a 24k description on a 14k item will make folks eyes roll.

Last edited:

AGG

Staff member
@Lamont
Now that's an interesting story. I had tagged this same gun earlier in my GB 'watch list' just to see if someone would bite on the BIN price from some with deep pockets (like AGG/Tony) but assume this price may change substantially, now that the cat is out of the bag. Beautiful 'parts' gun regardless. I hope someday to get a nice condition P7 variant as a shooter (not dust collector). I wonder if the seller will pull this auction or at least amend the description...

Thanks--- forgot about The Red Room. ;)
You must be thinking of someone else. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony