What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restricted marked mp5 STRAIGHT mag?

31328fac

Wernt the LEO PreBans from the 90's? I have never seen one or anyone who even asked about one I am leaning towards Fake AF

AGG

Staff member
I have seen the 2/74 straight magazines, but not with the LE markings. :unsure:
Personally, I would pass--- buy the magazine, not the story (which makes no sense). ;)

Tony

ghoulardi

defiantly a fake, the engraving not to mag, someone who had a Laser engraving machine or took it to trophy or a gift shop decided to engrave that on an old MP5 mag made in the 70s..... hoping some smuck would come along and say, "oh ah I just gots to have that" and shell out big money for that. straight mags went out when they went with curved mags sometime in the 80s.

and it is working, got 4 already biting, and with 3 days to go, there might be more

I have to check back and see what rube "won" that and what price he paid
ycPMX56.gif

Last edited:

ghoulardi

here is the funny part about those straight mags, "HK fan bois" on the other site detested straight mags. for whatever reason, probably because it didn't look "sexy" in a MP5 when they were strutted around on the range looking like a "operator" or Bruce Willis
wl44kaR.gif

.........which suited me just fine. because COLE or COPES had tons of them for 18 bucks ea. or if you bought 3 it came in a brand-new German mag pouch, so there wasn't a rush of ""HK fan bois" swooping in and buying them up, so I bought a bunch of them for cheap..
wl44kaR.gif

I bet the seller bought that mag from them for 18 bucks and "embellished" it along with a fairy tale of a story to go along with, to get a ton of money for it,
wl44kaR.gif

Last edited:

flybynt

Definitely a fake and it looks like laser marking for sure if you zoom in.

The markings are too sharp and don't show any of the patina and wear or scratching across the markings.

Leo markings on mags didn't start until around the time of the AW ban and this mag was made well prior to to that.

Surprised it's not shown in white gloved hand over a red background and having a description extolling it's Uber unicorn status since the seller is spinning fairy tales.

AGG

Staff member
The markings are too sharp and don't show any of the patina and wear or scratching across the markings.
Leo markings on mags didn't start until around the time of the AW ban and this mag was made well prior to to that.
Surprised it's not shown in white gloved hand over a red background and having a description extolling it's Uber unicorn status since the seller is spinning fairy tales.

Here is what I have: ;)

- parts and LE magazines

(Regular) HG-76/HH-77/HI-78/HJ-79/IA-80/IB-81/IC-82/ID-83/IE-84/IF-85/IG-86/IH-87/II-88/IJ-89/JA-90/JB-91/JC-92; (LE) IR/ir-93; IE/ie-94; IS/is-95; IK/ik-96; IO/io-97; ID/id-98; II/ii-99;
OR/or-00; NP/np-01; (Regular) AC-02/AD-03/AE-04/AF-05/AG-06/AH-07/AI-08/AK-09/BA-10/BB-11/BC-12/BD-13/BE-14/BF-15/BG-16/BH-17/BI-18/BK-19/CA-20/CB-21/CC-22/CD-23

Tony

andrew1182

I've never seen a restricted straight mag. Were they even in production still when the AWB ban went into effect?

Nehalem Man

I've never seen a restricted straight mag. Were they even in production still when the AWB ban went into effect?
I don't believe so.
Seller claims it was imported during the ban decade but with a 1974 date code, that means it was bouncing around Germany for 20 years before being "imported".

-E-

ghoulardi

yeah, I don't believe that minuscule difference makes a ant hill of beans 😆 it's what it written in the mag that drew those guys to bid on it

ghoulardi

Seller claims it was imported during the ban decade but with a 1974 date code, that means it was bouncing around Germany for 20 years before being "imported".
sellers can claim anything, doesn't mean it's true or real. I can claim the MOSIN-NAGANT I have once was fired by Stalin.

AGG

Staff member

These are what I have seen on the straight, 30-round magazines (previous to, and for the period in question):

Pre-94

SD/MP5 HK/ 10/85
9mmx19/IE
9mmx19/IG
9mmx19/IH
9mmx19/II
9mmx19/JA
9mmx19/JB
9mmx19/JB (RESTRICTED)

RESTRICTED LAW ENFORCEMENT / GOVERNMENT USE ONLY 10-94
Heckler & Koch GmbH Heckler & Koch, Inc.
Made in Germany Sterling VA - middle vertically; 9mmx19/date code- bottom
- markings straight with the magazine

Post-94

9mmx19/io (1997)

Tony

Lamont

Staff member
here is the funny part about those straight mags, "HK fan bois" on the other site detested straight mags. for whatever reason, probably because it didn't look "sexy" in a MP5 when they were strutted around on the range looking like a "operator" or Bruce Willis
wl44kaR.gif

.........which suited me just fine. because COLE or COPES had tons of them for 18 bucks ea. or if you bought 3 it came in a brand-new German mag pouch, so there wasn't a rush of ""HK fan bois" swooping in and buying them up, so I bought a bunch of them for cheap..
wl44kaR.gif

I bet the seller bought that mag from them for 18 bucks and "embellished" it along with a fairy tale of a story to go along with, to get a ton of money for it,
wl44kaR.gif
IIRC The curved mag came up as a result of someone at H&K deciding that since 9x19 has a slightly tapered case........I'm aware of no real world reason why they were needed. I can say they made mag pouches problematic whereas 4 straight mags fit just fine in a 2 mag 5.56 pouch.

All true, FAF.

"Must have." LOL.

ghoulardi

well, that was a bust I was hoping it went more then 180 bucks, still the seller is happy

6cp8-Xndc-E.jpg
9SN68IN.gif

Last edited: