What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sell Sig P320 Legion for DA/SA?

GmanVP9

Im in the market for a DA/SA style pistol for an EDC (Im thinking P30, P07 or perhaps a PX4 storm (by Langdon) , not sold on any just yet). I currently carry a PPS, but wanted something a bit bigger (and hammer fired) for my carry gun in colder weather. I also own a X5 legion that I really only use as a range pistol, it is the pistol I am most accurate I assume due to weight, but for a range only pistol (I don't compete or anything like that) its kind of a lot of money. Just kinda wanted some feedback from you guys because most of you are way more experienced in this game than I am. Should I sell the legion for a bigger DA/SA or just keep carrying the PPS throw an optic on the legion use it for the range?

GmanVP9

Why not a USP or USPc? :unsure:
I carry a USP45FS and hardly know that it is there. ;)

Tony
I know you HK guys are ballers, but Im poor lol. 1K is the max I have, for 1K I can probably find a P30 LEM

63PGP

I'd keep the Sig and sell the PPS. You should be able to get 400-425 for it depending on condition. You can get a new P30sk for 695. A local shop has one listed in stock for that price right now.

LEMming

Out of that list? P30 all day long. Why? Several reasons:
  • Magazines:
    • Lifeblood of a semi-auto. USP / P / VP series metal mags are bomb proof and some of the best in the industry. The tube bodies are also a thicker gauge steel than some other manufacturers.
  • Trigger Options:
    • Second to none. Whether you want DA/SA, want a thumb safety or not, or are LEM-curious, there are more options than any other platform. If you're not sure about LEM, start with a DA/SA (V3) since you can convert to LEM later, but can't convert the P30 series from LEM to DA/SA.
  • Performance & Reliability:
    • To date, I don't think I've seen or heard of a P07 or PX4 being tested to the same degree that Todd Green tested the P30 to (91K rounds).
  • Extraction & Ejection:
    • Of all the pistols I've ever shot, USPs and P series have had almost zero problems in this area. The few malfunctions I can even remember were due to aluminum-cased or steel-cased ammo (trash). The USP and P series have some of the most robust extraction and ejection among their peers.

Guyanaman1963

• Magazines:
    • Lifeblood of a semi-auto. USP / P / VP series metal mags are bomb proof and some of the best in the industry. The tube bodies are also a thicker gauge steel than some other manufacturers.
  • Trigger Options:
    • Second to none. Whether you want DA/SA, want a thumb safety or not, or are LEM-curious, there are more options than any other platform. If you're not sure about LEM, start with a DA/SA (V3) since you can convert to LEM later, but can't convert the P30 series from LEM to DA/SA.
    • To date, I don't think I've seen or heard of a P07 or PX4 being tested to the same degree that Todd Green tested the P30 to (91K rounds).
  • Extraction & Ejection:
    • Of all the pistols I've ever shot, USPs and P series have had almost zero problems in this area. The few malfunctions I can even remember were due to aluminum-cased or steel-cased ammo (trash). The USP and P series have some of the most robust extraction and ejection among their peers.
Well written… even I could understand it!
very informative!
thanks.
M.

Brad4065

Im in the market for a DA/SA style pistol for an EDC (Im thinking P30, P07 or perhaps a PX4 storm (by Langdon) , not sold on any just yet). I currently carry a PPS, but wanted something a bit bigger (and hammer fired) for my carry gun in colder weather. I also own a X5 legion that I really only use as a range pistol, it is the pistol I am most accurate I assume due to weight, but for a range only pistol (I don't compete or anything like that) its kind of a lot of money. Just kinda wanted some feedback from you guys because most of you are way more experienced in this game than I am. Should I sell the legion for a bigger DA/SA or just keep carrying the PPS throw an optic on the legion use it for the range?
{Note: This is just a personal opinion, and not of those of the staff, or 99.99% of the members. So please don't shoot.}

I've got HK Pistols of various degrees and I love them dearly. HOWEVER....
When it comes to carry.....Sig P228/P229.

Rationale:
For me, I've never had a FTF/FTE or any malfunctions.

You can disassemble/reassemble with your eyes closed.

Not sure of your state, but you can obtain high cap mags easily

Those are just the top three. Cheers and good luck with your choice!!!!!!

OH.....and to your point....you're well under the $1K range.....

LEMming

{Note: This is just a personal opinion, and not of those of the staff, or 99.99% of the members. So please don't shoot.}

I've got HK Pistols of various degrees and I love them dearly. HOWEVER....
When it comes to carry.....Sig P228/P229.
Those are great guns too. I love the aesthetics and engineering involved in the P228 (and all the old pressed slide models with removable breech blocks). For a great all-around option that's more durable in the long run, the P229 is the way to go IMO. Not having to deal with replacing the breech block pins every ~5k rounds is a relief! Not to mention the external extractor is generally a more robust and easier to maintain design. Of course, going down that route, another nice SIG option is the SP2009 (getting hard to find) or SP2022 (plentiful and still relatively cheap).

Deputydave

• Magazines:
  • Trigger Options:
  • Extraction & Ejection:

Well said. P30 or USPc are excellent choices.

CDKJudoka

I am personally a fan of DA/SA. I have been shooting Berettas for almost 3 decades now. You can't go wrong with a Langdon touched PX4 or a P30. I am still trying to get my P30 trigger to feel like my PX4 did, but that is an uphill battle. P30's are not that expensive. I paid under $600 each for my P30L and P30SK, and a little over $700 for my standard P30. All are V3's since I don't shoot the LEMs very well.