What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SP5L is official

Guyanaman1963

Saw this on he other site.
Looks interesting, dont know if I really like it though That barrel is too long.

Any though on this?
M.

UltraFudd

Looks interesting, dont know if I really like it though That barrel is too long.

Any though on this?
M.
My thoughts are the fun fund is gonna take a $200 hit for a eForm 1, another $2-300 for an A2 stock with an adapter and three grand to turn a pistol into a long barrel PCC.

We’re happy! I thought I had run out of guns to buy in 2021. 😛

ENDER

Staff member
Not to mention, at a minimum, if you are going to throw a stock on it - you will be replacing German parts with US parts to be 922r compliant.

Mitchell

I would stock up on SP5K-PDW’s. I’m glad HK released it but it doesn’t give me the same tingle as the HK 94.

Is it me or does it look..... just “wrong”?

Cromag

Nope. Not interested. Already played that game with the 94. Its no fun running around your house in the dark, knocking over lamps with the 16" barrel. And to put a 3 lug on the end is just weird. You have a 24" 9mm with a suppressor and a bunch of 922r parts all to make it an even longer weapon with a stock... id rather go with a Dragunov 🤣🤣

copdoc

Lug on 16.5" barrel is just silly.

Remove the lug add a stock then have a nice little $3000-4000 pistol caliber rifle.

AGG

Staff member

Any thoughts on this?
M.

Waste. :rolleyes:

Tony

Guyanaman1963

Waste. :rolleyes:

Tony
You would think they would have a little more thought into this offering.
Do a reverse stretch or a SD or something that compliment the line... or put a stock on it and call it a rifle.
I think HK is just plain out of touch with their customer base.
M.

Cromag

I wonder what they placed the msrp at for this? It would be interesting to see if they put it at SP5 level.

AGG

Staff member
You would think they would have a little more thought into this offering.
Do a reverse stretch or a SD or something that compliment the line... or put a stock on it and call it a rifle.
I think HK is just plain out of touch with their customer base.
M.

Can't import a rifle. ;)

Tony

UltraFudd

A question for the federal Regs experts:

Is’nt there some grumpiness about putting a stock on a pistol? I remember when Hi Powers, Lugers, Broomhandles and some 1911s were slotted for stocks but you couldn’t put a repro one on them, only an original. There was a cottage industry in making repro stocks look original, and the bottom line was that it was a big no-no.

So would the SP5L require a Form 1 to SBR it, or is it an AOW? Or, do you go Nike and just do it?